Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Private Messages 1.1

Comments

• edited May 2007
    The sendspace links do not work any longer, anyone happen to have the latest version (with bshultze fixes)? letsfilm.tv[AT}gmail
  • You can download the private messages w/bshultze fixes here
  • any chance someone could code a 'delete' function for this plugin? my database is growing fast, and the extra PMs aren't helping.
  • sjeepssjeeps
    edited May 2007
    @circuit
    The delete function was added by jehul and you can download it here

P.S.
    Included the sql file (sql.sql)
  • ah, great, thank you.
    does this include all of bshultze's fixes too?
  • Yep, it does include all of bshultze's fixes too. :)
  • thanks!
  • i now get this error when activating the new version

rror Message An error occurred while retrieving Discussion information. Affected Elements PrivateMessages.GetDiscussionCount(); The error occurred on or near: Table 'copsandrobbers.LUM_UserDiscussionHide' doesn't exist
  • Did you create the "LUM_UserDiscussionHide" table using the sql.sql I've included and mentioned to you above?
    The error message you're getting tells you that you have not create the "LUM_UserDiscussionHide" table yet.
    Simply insert this table into your forum database:
    CREATE TABLE `LUM_UserDiscussionHide` ( `UserID` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `DiscussionID` int(8) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`UserID`,`DiscussionID`) );
  • sorry, i didn't see any instructions to create that.

now when trying to delete i get this error:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/.lock/circuitron2/www.copsandrobbers.net/messageboard/extensions/PrivateMessages/default.php on line 724
  • what happens to all previous whispered comments within threads? Completely gone?
  • something else:
    in the user profile, the send message link has changed from this

/extension.php?PostBackAction=PrivateMessages&View=SendMessage&SendTo={username}

to

/extension.php?PostBackAction=PrivateMessages&View=SendMessage

which is obviously not as useful
  • Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've modified that add-on to better suit my needs. So I've moved the "Send Private Message" from the "Accounts Options" which didn't make sense to me to under "Private Messages".
    My apology and try to download this version and see if it's any good.
  • edited May 2007
    sorry, i think you misunderstand me.

i meant the link in the sidebar of the account profile page. it used to send a PM to that user. now the link doesn't feature the username, so you have to type it in yourself, which is obviously less convenient.

i can change this in the file myself, but it would be nice to have it included in the code so i don't have to do it when i upgrade.

i am still getting the error described above, by the way: Private Messages 1.1 # 131... although delete DOES seem to work anyway...
  • I'm not sure why you're getting that error, the only thing I can tell you is to disable it and delete the "LUM_UserDiscussionHide" table then create it again and enable the add-on. Also, try to change the permission to 777.
  • edited May 2007
    unfortunately that didn't work.
    edit: not very au fait with PHP, but does this help? http://www.webmaster-talk.com/php-forum/43174-fatal-error-using-when-not-object.html
  • hi! has anybody an idea how to stop the private messages extension from increasing the "Discussions Started" and "Comments Added" values from the profile page? thanks :)
  • Did the changes that bshultz made get rolled into the official Private Message add-on?
  • edited June 2007
    I'm getting a "Optionen" below "Sent Mail" on the sidebar..... when clicked, takes me to "account.php?PostBackAction=Functionality" Any assistance with this?
  • Omarvelous please explain your problem maybe I can help. What wrong about taking u to "account.php?PostBackAction=Functionality" ? it gives any error?