Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vcal (Event calendar) Alpha screenshots

Comments

• /me crys with joy if this comes out
  • MySchizoBuddy is of the Male variety (the other half of the baby making process) as shown in his Flickr Profile.

I agree though, that if this project has gone stale in the author's hands, it should go to the community (or a special individual) for further development. This is a much desired extension among the Vanilla community.

I'm pretty sure though that MSB is just enjoying the new company in the household ;)
  • Still want!
  • still want!
  • make that three "still want!"s
  • still want number 5! <------
  • I'm an experienced front-end designer looking to collaborate with a programmer to integrate and develop an event calendar for Vanilla. If you're interested I'm not some creepy dude, just looking to get a fun project going. email me: gweatherson@gmail.com
  • I'm convinced calendars/events is one of those essential bits of a forum.
  • I completely agree. This is a must have. One of the single most important items for me in my implementations.
  • What if... There was an ability to import .vcf vCalendar formats into this? I'm looking to tackle this feat (exporting and displaying Public Calendars on our intranet) with my company - and think this would be a great add-on to the Vanilla framework. Anybody made any moves on this?
  • Why don't you guys pay someone on elance to do it rather continuing to bump this thread? if you read through the above posts, it's all begging with no developments made. Common sense should consider this project abandoned. If it's a must have, essential piece, then it should be no problem to pay a programmer for it. You could even use the images of MSB's mockups to help assist the programmer. ...or you could just keep commenting on something that doesn't exist. :)
  • ...or you could just keep commenting on something that doesn't yet exist.
    Fixed that for ya.

Comments keep coming probably because MySchizoBuddy indicated he had made significant progress on this extension. It's just a matter of him finishing it. Why duplicate efforts?

For lack of dev activity, Jazzman's extensions could be considered EOL too, but hey.
  • Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to jump in on this but it seems hardly sporting when MSB has not indicated this is abandoned. He has other concerns right now so who can blame him?
  • MSB hasn't indicated much of anything lately. What time frame should generally be considered the "statue of limitations" for something like this?
  • 4 months (current length) is certainly some acceptable length of time to consider it at least "on hold".
  • Any updates...? I've been really looking forward to this for sometime, and will do what I can to get it completed.
  • people: give.. it.. up.
  • I bring (perhaps) good tidings. http://vanilla-friends.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Vcal/ (Last revision: Dec 09, '07) Unfortunately MSB hasn't released the code for public tweaking, at least as far as I can see. Anyone want to take the brave step of continuing its progress?
  • nice find!