Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

JQuery

Comments

• Options
    I forgot the quotes for the constant test:
    if (defined('JQUERY_EXTENSION')) {

This time I tested it and it work with php5 and fail in php4. It should be fixed in 1.1.3 (it's not in the rc1).
  • Options
    OK, that'll be why nasty things are happening. When's 1.1.3 out? ;)
  • Options
    I was hoping jquery extension will be killed off and jquery based extensions can directly link to the js file hosted on amazon. since now Vanilla 1.1.3 doesn't allow duplicate js files in the header, it won't be a problem if all jquery based extensions included jquery in its code, and they can decide which pages jquery can run
  • Options
    *shrug* no one's forcing you to use this extension, I was just trying to help make things easier...
  • Options
    Made the vanilla 1.1.3 update, made the JQuery v14-1.2.1 update = no more video with jQMedia !!!
    An idea to fix this.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't have time to look into this for anywhere up to a week, so if anyone wants to and suggest a solution that would be great.
  • Options
    Ok,
    Is there anyway to come back to JQuery v13-1.2.1 during the fix time ?
  • Options
    would it be possible to post a link to v13-1.2.1?

I've just discovered that the old versions are all archived in there - thank you to whoever had the foresight to do that.
  • Options
    u created a function IncludejQuery() but u never call it, hence jquery library is never added to the head script
  • Options
    It is to be called from extensions that use JQuery - see JQThickBox.
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    Can someone explain the minified/packed thing? I installed the extension and it defaults to:
    /extensions/JQuery/jquery-1.2.1.min.js
    But I can error saying that it can't find the jQuery code. I also tried changing the line in default.php to point to the packed version
    $Head->AddScript('extensions/JQuery/jquery-1.2.1.pack.js');
    But I still get an error. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    Stupid question, but have you checked to see the files are uploaded correctly? If so, can you post a link to your forum so I can check the paths etc?
  • Options
    Well the files are there, I don't know how to verify if they were uploaded correctly though. You can see the JS error by going to http://skube.com/vanilladev/
    If you login (u/p : test/test) you should see the errors if you try to create a new discussion. Or try to vote.
  • Options
    I cannot get iFramed content to work. Everything goes fine except when trying to use this. The "loading" bar goes forever and I get the following JavaScript error in the browser: "tb_showIframe is not defined". However, the function exists and the files are correctly loaded... I've struggled myself to the limit and cannot make this work.
  • Options
    I just determined it has something to do with your extension. I installed ThickBox 3.1 "manually" (that is, downloading from the official page and including it by hand in init_people.php and init_vanilla.php) and it works ok.
  • Options
    Hi, I tried installing and enabling this extension but jQuery is just not loaded in the page when the page loads. Anyone got the same problem?
  • Options
    jquery now needs to be called by an extension before its loaded
  • Options
    I've created a new beta of this extension that has been updated with the 1.2.3 library. If a few people would be kind enough to test it out and give me some feedback here I'll release it if there are no problems.

I have a test site setup and you can grab the beta for testing. Please let me know how you get on and we can get this released.
  • Options
    Cool, not a single response! :D I guess it works then. Anyway, as I have bugger all PHP knowledge, and because I was thinking it would be nice to try and learn something while hopefully make life easier for people, would someone with PHP knowledge please explain the following?

This seems to work, and changing $JQdev from 0 to 1 has the desired effectif ($JQdev = '0') { $Head->AddScript('extensions/JQuery/jquery-1.2.6.js'); } else { $Head->AddScript('extensions/JQuery/jquery-1.2.6.min.js'); }
    I would have thought I could then add something at the top of the file like $JQdev = '0'; which could be changed from 0 to 1 to effect the other file being used. However this doesn't work, so what am I doing wrong?