Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Janine

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Wait a minute... I just had a thought. Maybe we could add some sort of feature to the extensions menu that lets an author provide a sentence or two with some detail about what the extension does. You know, like a DESCRIPTION that is SHORTer than the full documentation, yet still slightly longer than the name itself.

It's a crazy idea, but it just might work.
  • Options
    Just finished my first test using XML RPC to create new categories... Had to modify Category->GetPropertiesFromDataSet to include CategoryRoleBlock, otherwise it's pretty clean (uses PEAR XML_RPC). Once I get it into line with the Add-Ons standard I'll post it.
  • Options
    @squirrel,

hope you are working on the revised version. and hope, you know that the current one no ;onger works with wordpress 2.3, because the wp's new database structure
  • Options
    yep. doesnt work with wp 2.3...
  • Options
    Bugger, was planning on using this on a new WP 2.3 site. I'm available for testing if you want Squirrel ;)
  • Options
    Understood. It's in my queue.
  • Options
    any news on this update?
  • Options
    Great plugin squirrel!

For the users who need to get it working on WP2.3 you have to change this code:

File: Janine.Control.WordPress21.php

From This:
    if (!array_key_exists('JanineBlogPost2Cat', $Context->DatabaseTables)) { $Context->DatabaseTables['JanineBlogPost2Cat'] = 'post2cat'; $Context->DatabaseColumns['JanineBlogPost2Cat'] = array( 'BlogPostID' => 'post_id', 'BlogPostCategoryID' => 'category_id', );

To This:
    if (!array_key_exists('JanineBlogPost2Cat', $Context->DatabaseTables)) { $Context->DatabaseTables['JanineBlogPost2Cat'] = 'terms'; $Context->DatabaseColumns['JanineBlogPost2Cat'] = array( 'BlogPostID' => 'term_id', 'BlogPostCategoryID' => 'name', );

It worked for me, I suggest you make a backup of everything before implementing this quick fix. I look forward to future releases!
  • Options
    Thanks for that OSO! :) I've not had a chance to try it yet, but I certainly will.

Considering that file is called WordPress21, perhaps we should create a WordPress23 file with these amendments in and change the reference to the file? Or is that just too complicated and not worth the hassle?
  • Options
    If you want to do that you can open /conf/settings.php and change the following:

$Configuration['JanineControlType'] = 'WordPress21';

To This:
    $Configuration['JanineControlType'] = 'WordPress23';

Then make a copy of Janine.Control.WordPress21.php and rename it to Janine.Control.WordPress23.php

You will also have to change the following in Janine.Control.WordPress23.php:

From This:
    class JanineWordPress21 extends JanineControl { function JanineWordPress21(&$Context, $PingMethod) { $this->Name = 'JanineWordPress21';

To This:
    class JanineWordPress23 extends JanineControl { function JanineWordPress23(&$Context, $PingMethod) { $this->Name = 'JanineWordPress23';

Make sure you include the changes from my above post, and that should do it for you!

That should take care of it. I have tested it on my install and it works fine.
  • Options
    OMG justcallmeoso, bless you...i've been trying to get this to work for hrs and i'm not a php'r lol. That fixed everything! Thanks...and thanks squirrel for putting this together u rock...
  • Options
    Squirrel, where's Affinity?
  • Options
    does this only create a forum post when a post is 'published' - i.e. not a draft or pending review?
  • Options
    Actually it only creates a forum post when the "comments" link is visited. So basically yes, because if no link is visible to click then no forum post happens.
  • Options
    yeah i realised that afterwards - duh! i realised that the behaviour i want (posting the thread when the post is published) doesn't work - you have to specifically create the discussion each time. not sure if it would be easy to fix this? what do you think?
  • Options
    hey squirrel and friends :)

does janine work with WP 2.6?
  • Options
    Hi everyone - my first post. @chanzero, I am using Wordpress 2.62 and Janine works fine (a big Thanks to squirrel!) I just followed what #justcallmeoso a few comments up this page by modifying the code in Janine.Control.WordPress21.php . On the other hand when I tried changing it to Janine.Control.WordPress23.php I got an error. Anyway I left it as a modified Janine.Control.WordPress21.php for now
  • Options
    @palmdoc: Look in your conf/settings.php and change the line $Configuration['JanineControlType'] also.
  • Options
    Thanks palmdoc & squirrel! I'll try this!
  • Options
    does anyone knows how to create custom control for janine?