Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 0.9.3 Beta Released (2005-12-01)

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    And actually, I'm glad you brought it up. I don't know that the js folder should be there... I was originally thinking that custom js files for extensions should be specific to each theme. But now I think that all additional extension files should stay in their own folder within the extensions folder.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I mean, I can't switch themes on the Dev forum, it appears stuck or something, I click and the style is just basic vanilla yet the others are listed :/
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    ohhh. could be an ajax thing. maybe add a new discussion in the 0.9.3 bugs category so I can track it. And for those not interested in seeing all of these bugs pop up, I'd suggest you go to the category tab and block the 0.9.3 bugs category, because this baby is going to get full fast.
  • Options
    aye mark. i just blocked the bug thing and then went through that category seperately. Can you stick an extra tab in between discussions and categories which is just the bugs category? :P
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    haha - actually, in the new version that is super easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2005
    The new ver works great here, after using the db-upgrade-notes on a test DB. Only problem that keeps accruing when I change settings in Application Settings, for example: changing Application title or Banner title. It updates conf/settings.php with: $Configuration["APPLICATION_PATH"] = "<Drive>:\<site>\vanilla.093b\"; When it should look something like this, I think: $Configuration["APPLICATION_PATH"] = "<Drive>:\<site>\vanilla.093b\\"; Maybe I have a setting somewhere that is wrong not sure, any info would be cool. Love the new layout of the Extension Manager, and what looks like the ability to update on the fly. Great work and nice design. Edit: Sorry just found it searching and reading threw the 0.9.3 bug section & glad to hear its been noted. Looking forward to new updates & final design.
  • Options
    Yeah, that has been discussed so mark knows about it. I assume he's gonna put some sort of checking on that.
  • Options
    I'm going to wait untill the fully-featured holy grail of version 1 is released before I download.
  • Options
    stupid question of the day:
    New install of 0.9.3, fresh database.

I see two sql files in the installation folder. Do I put both of them into my database, or just one?
  • Options
    I believe they are both the same thing except vanilla.sql has an Admin user in it. Did I miss anything else between the two? Someone else know the differences?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    As mentioned above, the installation folder is not functional. Krak is correct that the vanilla.sql file has an administrative user in it. I think that is the only difference, but I haven't touched those files in months. Regardless of which file you use, you will also need to run the scripts in db-upgrade-notes.txt.
  • Options
    Im loving this subversion thing.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I know! I didn't think I'd like it this much, but it makes life so much easier when I'm spawning so many different versions of the forum from the main repository.
  • Options
    Just wait until you have multiple people contributing...
  • Options
    edited December 2005
    You know, pulling the files down with subversion was way too easy. Please complicated this some more :0)

(for the record, the first time I tried to use CVS, it took me weeks to figure out how.)
  • Options
    I download TortoiseSVN, which integrates in Windows Explorer!! OMG it was easy!! I just selected a folder where I want to have the vanilla files, right-click and make it an SVN folder! I used http://lussumo.com/svn/vanilla/trunk as source and Whooopaaa!! welcome vanilla files!!
  • Options
    Wow too cool Jazzman, just downloaded TortoiseSVN, it's so easy! And you can even check for changes too. Awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2005

I just updated to 0.9.3 from 0.9.2 and I'm getting some errors.

On my Discussions tab, I'm seeing:

Notice: Undefined property: AdminCategories in /home/public_html/forums/library/Vanilla.Class.DiscussionManager.php on line 345

The Accounts tab fails to load, showing these errors:

Warning: main(sgLIBRARYInput.Select.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 15 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYInput.Select.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 15 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'sgLIBRARYInput.Select.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 15 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYInput.Radio.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 16 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYInput.Radio.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 16 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'sgLIBRARYInput.Radio.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 16 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYInput.Validator.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 17 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYInput.Validator.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 17 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'sgLIBRARYInput.Validator.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 17 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYUtility.Email.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 18 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYUtility.Email.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 18 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'sgLIBRARYUtility.Email.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 18 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYVanilla.Role.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 19 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYVanilla.Role.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 19 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'sgLIBRARYVanilla.Role.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 19 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYVanilla.Comment.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 20 Warning: main(sgLIBRARYVanilla.Comment.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 20 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'sgLIBRARYVanilla.Comment.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 20 Warning: main(appg/init_internal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 21 Warning: main(appg/init_internal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 21 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'appg/init_internal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 21 Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/public_html/forums/account.php on line 26

• Options
    edited December 2005
    Quick glance cause i'm sprintig out: presuming those files exist, permissions or path settings? Have you played with /conf/ yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2005
    Yes, I set-up /conf/ and the permissions are set to 666 except for database.php Another odd thing happened: I went to manage categories and instead of being able to turn them on/off for users, it turned them all off! No matter which radio buttons I clicked. Tried to fix in both Safari and Firefox in case it was a browser bug. So had to go into phpmyadmin to fix. Once fixed, the Category Management settings show check boxes filled for roles not allow and empty for roles allowed. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Right now, categories are not showing up for my user account, but they are for the admin account. Account tab still does not work for either.
This discussion has been closed.