Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 0.9.3 Beta Released (2005-12-01)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Such as? It seemed to just grab vanilla, framework, and people.
  • Options
    ...and a bunch of .svn files.
  • Options
    oh. Does that really matter though? Whats that like a few k of diskspace?
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Yeah, but ftp is designed for transferring really big files; the high per-file overhead slows the upload process considerably when moving lots of little files.

And it just seems messy, and I'm anal about this stuff.
  • Options
    lol. I'll agree it's messy, but for instructing noobs how to quickly and easily grab the necessary files off the SVN with as little room for error as possible... :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Actually, for tortiseSVN, you want to do svnUpdate, not Checkout, as if you have an account, you'll be checking out files against mark which could prove annoying for him. Once you have a local copy of the files, and you're regularly updating, to make use of the files, minus all the stupid .svn folders, simply click on the folder and select "export". It will copy all the files to another non-svn'd directory on your system ready for deployment.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    This thread title really needs an update... it's 2006 after all :)
  • Options
    It could also do with a real date format :P Whats the difference between Update and Checkout then?
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Checkout is the command you use when you want to check out files from the repository, make changes, and then put them back. And YYYY-mm-dd is the international standard date format, because it isn't easily confused with another format, and dates can be ordered alphabetically.
  • Options
    or numerically, as it were
  • Options
    My user account doesn't appear to be working on the dev site, is there a delay between it moving from here to dev?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I believe mark mentioned a while ago that he wouldn't be validating any more people who signed up to vanilla dev and to post their questions/comments into the appropriate category here. In either case, both the /community/ version and /vanilladev/ are pretty much one in the same give or take a slight delay in code base updates for testing purposes.
  • Options
    Arent they running on the same userbase, though? I thought he just said that it was frustrating that people applied within vanilladev as opposed to applying on here. Maybe i got confused.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    mini, could be. The post is lost and I can't find it, so I'm just going from memory here.
  • Options
    Well I signed up here, but login was denied at dev.. ah well guess it will work out at some point.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    don't worry about it. vanilladev was just initially used as a bombing zone to test most things under a copy of a db snapshot taken from this forum. At least users and logins anyway. Depending on the route mark takes, he'll likely do it all again for testing purposes just to see how easy things scale according to any framework changes.
This discussion has been closed.