Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 0.9.3 Beta Released (2005-12-01)

Comments

• Options
    anyone want to teach me html and xml?
  • Options
    Do I get to use the term "bastard child"? :D
  • Options
    whatever
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    haha!
  • Options
    if i could get a version of 0.9.3 going i would do it. is it that hard to install at the moment?
  • Options
    Not really. Just get it off the svn, do the database upgrades required, and use it.
  • Options
    ok i'm giving this a go on my windows box. got the latest version via the svn and just entered 'svn propedit svn:externals vanilla' into command prompt. i'm getting an error 'svn: 'vanilla' is not under version control.
  • Options
    Seems to be along the lines of brads issues in his thread. Alas i cant help either of you cause i've only used svn for vanilla and never had any problems with it. Then again, when i just checkout'd vanilla it brought framework and people with it - are you sure it didnt do the same for you? I dunno whether you maybe used to have to tell it to get them and now it does it auto or what. Do a basic checkout and see if you get the people and framework folders anyway.
  • Options
    inside the library folder i have the people and framework folders. is that all i need?
  • Options
    well. I think so. I managed to get it up and running with whatever i had without using propedit or whatnot. Give it a try (dont forget the db changes etc)
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    ok i've got the same errors as the last time i tried to get 0.9.3 running...

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\vanilla\library\People\People.Class.User.php on line 265

i spent ages trying to debug it last time and couldn't work it out. this is why i was hoping someone else would get a version up and running and i could just help them with the xhtml and css cleanup.
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited February 2006
    just use tortoiseSVN

- make a new folder in explorer
    - right-click the folder, select TortoiseSVN->Checkout and enter "http://lussumo.com/svn/vanilla/trunk" in "URL of Repository" field
    - after it's all downloaded, right-click it again and select "SVN Update" once to get the new People and Framework
    - then right-click it one more time and choose "TortoiseSVN->Export" and pick a NEW folder. this will give you a clean copy of vanilla without all the SVN junk. this is what you should upload to your server.
  • Options
    Or you can just right click any folder, choose TortoiseSVN->Export, enter the URL, and get the files.
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited February 2006
    or that. thanks bergamot, i had no idea.

//but if you do that, how can you update people and framework? or do you need to do that?
  • Options
    No problem; the SVN commands took me forever to figure out too.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    "but if you do that, how can you update people and framework? or do you need to do that?"

Do it two more times, but replace "vanillla" with "people" and "framework" in the URL, and toss those folders in the Library folder

Not the most elegant of solutions I admit; this method worked better back when it was all on one trunk
  • Options
    you just made my life a lot easier. thanks again
  • Options
    The other nice thing is that you can export past revisions by typing the rev number in the textbox at the bottom of that dialog.
  • Options
    I dont get the issues everyone is having with grabbing people and framework. I just made a new folder, right clicked it, selected checkout with tortoise, gave it the http://lussumo.com/svn/vanilla/trunk url and it grabbed everything i'd need?
  • Options
    Yeah, but it also grabs a bunch of other stuff you don't want.
This discussion has been closed.