HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1 stable released

Comments

• Do not started on localhost at all (Win8, UsbWebServer). Browsers getting error 500. What's wrong?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Lopar I'm not sure, you'd need to check your server error logs for what's happening. I recommend starting a new discussion with the error message(s) you are getting.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

My suggestion when upgrading is to disable all your plugins via the dashboard immediately prior to upgrading.
    change your theme to the default theme. then upgrade to 2.1, then enable your plugins via the dashboard. In this way you will find out which plugins will crash or cause problems.

Take heed in this or go at your own risk.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Adrian said:
    FabulousPanda‌ Looks like softaculous is a go! One less installer to bother :)https://www.softaculous.com/apps/forums/Vanilla

No installer, but "in the news" http://www.cmscritic.com/vanilla-forums-2.1-released/

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

next step with vanilla 2.1

ensure all staff developed plugins in the add-ons section actually work with vanilla 2.1
    if only for good marketing. plugins that work by developers give more credence to plugins.

since 2.1 is the latest stable version - the add-ons themes and and plugins should be geared to that (that is working with 2.1).

themes and plugins not working in 2.1 should be moved to a graveyard area.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine I actually just heavily pruned our addon & internal repos yesterday and standardized their "required version" to remove alpha/beta designations. I'm getting there; it's an extremely laborious task.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

There should be a page for plugins for 2.0 only for those that do not work on 2.1

Or force people to add they requirements in the plugin page Once we know which are the ones that do not work. And if the authors are gone and the plugin can be fixed to work, then maybe we could upload the new versions including the original author in description and then remove the bad one altogether.

I fixed the Play Mp3 Links to work with 2.1 and also works on 2.0 . I have uploaded it.

• cocomangcocomang New
    edited May 2014

Is there any instructions to upgrade from 2.1b2 to 2.1 ?

Do I need to Run /index.php?p=/utility/update to update the database ?

• @cocomang said:
    Is there any instructions to upgrade from 2.1b2 to 2.1 ?

Do I need to Run /index.php?p=/utility/update to update the database ?

Follow the normal update instructions. There is a file called README, it tells you all these things

grep is your friend.

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

I upgraded from b2 to release version and as long as I follow the instruction completely then it works. The only thing is I can't tell from the dashboard which version I am running. The only way I know that I run release version is verify that I am connect to the upgrade database and edit the config.php to reflect the new version and clear the cache and check the cache to see it is generate a new set of cache files.

Am I missing something that might indicated which version of Vanilla that I am running?

Thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

chanh said: Am I missing something

YES.

click on dashboard from your menu and
    post a screenshot of the lower right hand corner of your dashboard.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/184012/#Comment_184012

I see it now. It is way down on the bottom.
    Thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

I'd click awesome but I won't :)

you could always use versioncheck plugin iirc it shows vanilla version, for users who can't lower eyes to the "waydown" bottom of dashboard. :)

could have sworn I posted this link for you before:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-to-meet-your-needs-for-free

You probably did but I might just forgot it. I was looking but not "waydown" there.
    Thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

you have a good point though.

you shouldn't have to know where to look in an obscure portion of web page. it would be much easier to find if "Version Number" front and center.... was displayed in dashboard in a more obvious positions so users would know what version they are using.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

is this a bug in all locales and transifexes missing these defintions to work in vanilla 2.1

$Definition['%s view html'] = '%s Lượt xem';
    $Definition['%s views html'] = '%s Lượt xem';
    $Definition['%s comment html'] = '%s Trả lời';
    $Definition['%s comments html'] = '%s Trả lời';

or are we all clueless.

e.g.

printf(PluralTranslate($Discussion->CountViews, 
                   '%s view html', '%s views html', '%s view', '%s views'),
                   BigPlural($Discussion->CountViews, '%s view'));
             ?></span>
             <span class="MItem MCount CommentCount"><?php
                printf(PluralTranslate($Discussion->CountComments, 
                   '%s comment html', '%s comments html', '%s comment', '%s comments'),
                   BigPlural($Discussion->CountComments, '%s comment'));

and its missing

$Definition['Most Recent Comment']

probably time to revisit the definitions in all transifexes for 2.1 especially table views

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine‌ Sounds like a good issue to file.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I've added a step (now #5) to the upgrade process: removing the Denormalize config value from your config if you added it during 2.0.

• Thank you for your work Vanilla Team!
    Looking forward for next updates..