HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 (beta 2) is now available

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    I followed the steps mentioned here to upgrade to beta 2, but now I get the Bonk page all the time. I can't go to dashboard or forum. I enabled DEBUG mode too but don't see any debug information. My forum is here - http://ronakg.in/forum

If I do a fresh install, will I be able to get all the old posts back by using the same database?
    Put that in your conf file.
    => $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

• Put that in your conf file.
    => $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
    Still no luck. Bonk pages everywhere.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Normally, it should display the errors, not just the bonk page.
  • Is there a way I can do a fresh install and still get all the posts back? I don't mind configuring all the plugins again.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Email me your config file ronakg, we can sort this out for you.

Tim (at) vanillaforums (dot) com

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tim, I have sent you my config file. Thanks for the help.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @Tim, shouldn't you be sleeping, it's late in Canada :)
    edited June 2011
    The config file is interpretted sequentially, and you have a re-declaration of
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] further down in the file which is overriding what you have at the top.

Remove the 2nd instance

@Tim, shouldn't you be sleeping, it's late in Canada :)
    I should be :(

• im new user, how to update from old to new vanilla?? pls help me
  • Ok, I removed the second instance and I can see errors now. How do I go about those errors?

Take a look here - http://ronakg.in/forum
  • The error was coming from Minify plugin, I disabled it in the config file and I can get to the discussion page now. I'll keep testing and come back if I find some more issues.

Thanks @Tim and @luc.
    Ok, I removed the second instance and I can see errors now. How do I go about those errors?

Take a look here - http://ronakg.in/forum
    Make sure you have a Minify/ subfolder in cache/ and that it's writeable by the webserver.

Also, Minify is the devils plugin

im new user, how to update from old to new vanilla?? pls help me
    Read the first post.

• Make sure you have a Minify/ subfolder in cache/ and that it's writeable by the webserver.

Yeah, I could figure it out. I just disabled the plugin in config.php and all is back to working. Thanks a lot.
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited June 2011
    Well... I saw what his website did in loading times without the plugin, if Minify would have been working correctly, what would have been the loading time then, I wonder...

Shouldn't we just be fixing the Minify plugin at some point?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I found one problem. The star to Bookmark a thread is disabled all the time. Nothing happens when I click the star.

I have created a user account so that you can see it yourself.

username: test
    pwd: test
    It's known. Thanks tho. Todd should be on it I think

• I deleted all .ini files, replaced all necessary site files to update to beta, and when I try going to /utility/update I just get a blank page. What am I doing wrong?

the site is youthehypnotists.com/forum/
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @leogopal, when I go to your forum's utility/update I get "Success" which means the update was successful.
This discussion has been closed.