HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 (beta 2) is now available

Comments

• @todd , Thank you so much for the reply... I found that it was one of my plugins that were doing that, deactivating them didnt help, so I renamed plugins folder and uploaded the new one and all worked fine. Will be risky installing plugins now.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Do you by any chance have a copy of the offending plugins? If so, can you email me a zip? todd@vanillaforums.com
  • Hi @Todd,

Here you go: leogopal.com/VpluginsOld.zip
    Not sure which are the bad plugins, but I am sure you know what you are looking for.
    Did'nt want to flood your inbox, so the above is the link to the zip file :)
    Thanks! I'll have a looksee...
  • I found one more issue after a user posts a comment to any thread. The subsequent comments doesn't get posted and instead a blank comment is added to the thread.

What I have noticed is, this happens when the "Write Comment" box is much larger than usual (around 3 times bigger). Has anyone faced this issue?
    @ronakg, no I haven't. Can you do some more troubleshooting? Maybe see what's coming back in your Firebug console or disabling javascript and seeing what happens.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    To delete.
    For those who read the first message (before my edit), I ran /utility/update and it was OK, but I hadn't run /utility/structure.
  • Found one more issue. Not sure if this was same in old version. When I enable confirmation email from Registration section, I have only 3 roles available for users with pending confirmation (member, moderator, administrator). I want to assign guest role to users who haven't confirmed their email yet.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You need a new role for Confirm Email people. Make one, and remove the permissions you don't want them to have.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I already have the Guest role configured but it is not showing up in the drop down box for selection. There I can see only three roles - member, moderator and administrator.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You need a new role for Confirm Email people. Make one, and remove the permissions you don't want them to have.
    Not Guest. A New Role.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Will the final Vanilla 2.0.18 support custom months? So I can localize the months to my language? That would be of very much for me and many others.
  • edited July 2011
    I eventually got the upgrade working but had to remove all my plugins like @leogopal had to.
  • yey! new version. so excited to use one now.
  • I had problems upgrading to b2 from stable.

Everyone could not comment except me, the admin. Even other admins couldn't comment because it said "Commenting not allowed". They bypassed it by clicking on quote.

I managed to fix it by changing all my Category IDs from -1 to 1. I hope this helps someone here.

• I had problems upgrading to b2 from stable.

Everyone could not comment except me, the admin. Even other admins couldn't comment because it said "Commenting not allowed". They bypassed it by clicking on quote.

I managed to fix it by changing all my Category IDs from -1 to 1. I hope this helps someone here.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Will the final Vanilla 2.0.18 support custom months? So I can localize the months to my language? That would be of very much for me and many others.
    Have you set the correct locale in your config.php?
  • this bug is of interest to anyone upgrading that has private sections of the forum where they might not want everyone to be able to view topic/titles/posters/etc.
    I've not registered on the GitHub Issues site, but followed the code change, and it works for me - normal users can no longer see my admin category!
  • Cool! wonna try it!
This discussion has been closed.