HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1b1 Released

Comments

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

When will the official porter be released?

• Saw the GitHub updates in email Todd (safari plug-in, etc.) and will be able to jump on later tonight with an update.

Didn't forget, just RL work and a 1 year old running me on empty with time :)

• Just starting out with Vanilla forums, but its great to see a new release on the horizon!

• edited April 2013

Congrats to all of you \0/

• Guys i'm running Version 2.1a33 downloaded from github. How can i upgrade to 2.1b1 safely?

Thanks,

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@Jone said:
    Guys i'm running Version 2.1a33 downloaded from github. How can i upgrade to 2.1b1 safely?

Thanks,

downloaded from github or

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.1b1

• whatever you change or update in the coding could you leave the option to not have any categories. I like just having all messages in a row and not having to search through categories to find posts

• To respond to my previous question, and as suggested to me in another topic, I successfully used Porter to import my old database into 2.1b1. (did have to apply a bugfix to prevent my themes from not loading, see Github, but that's another issue with the beta as described in Github)

Wait, what porter did you use? Is there one that works for 2.0 > 2.1?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@BrandonP Having categories doesn't prevent you from viewing all the discussions (site.com/discussions/all). I can assure you that feature is still in 2.1b1 :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

I am a person hunting for new things, this might the thing Ill tackle down first though.

• Does this version come with auto upgrade for dummies like me? I want to start using Vanilla again, but it looks like upgrade is still a pain

• No auto-upgrade, but the upgrade is not a pain. I would first try upgrading locally, on your own PC to see what you encounter and then upgrade on your server.
    If you think upgrading is a pain, only play with the Beta version on your local PC.
    We'll set up a Wiki page with things you encountered and their solutions

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @Srggamer said:
    I am a person hunting for new things, this might the thing Ill tackle down first though.

Let us know if your database upgrades correctly.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I've attempted to upgrade three times now, and all of our posts were wiped clean every time. I'm not in a hurry though, so I'll just wait for an official porter/upgrade addon.

• @Zhaan said:
    I've attempted to upgrade three times now, and all of our posts were wiped clean every time. I'm not in a hurry though, so I'll just wait for an official porter/upgrade addon.

Wait, wait, wait! This is exactly what we need to know! Can you open a new topic with your situation, plugins, etc? We need to know why you can't upgrade in certain situations on your local computer.
    porter / upgrade addon cannot be created without the information that you have (if it's a bug, it needs to be fixed, right?)

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@underdog immediately I would say.

• @UnderDog said:
    Wait, wait, wait! This is exactly what we need to know! Can you open a new topic with your situation, plugins, etc? We need to know why you can't upgrade in certain situations on your local computer.
    porter / upgrade addon cannot be created without the information that you have (if it's a bug, it needs to be fixed, right?)

When the beta is release, i try to update my forum from 2.18.4 to 2.1b1 and have some SQL problems because our post and information are broken. When i try to update, only some info swap to the new forum.

Addons, Nicks, Some "Activity report" but not all activity and not the last activity just "random" activity.

When i active "Last post list" i can read the last post but.. when i try to search in my forum this post dont exist.. I visit my profile and have 60 Messsages but my forum show 0.

And my Admin account 001 First account. Is cloned, when i see users in dashboard, i have 2 accounts with "Kon" (My nick).

1 with 001 or 1, and other with 363 (last register) but with same Name! I loged with account 363 and deleted this account (363) and auto-swap to account 001.

I see more bugs.. but is hard to explain in english for me :((((

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2013

I recommend that until the upgrade script is more... bulletproof, that people use vanilla porter to export their current Vanilla 2.0.x forum and then use the import function in Vanilla 2.1b1. This seems the best way to start testing 2.1b1 with a large dataset.

Full disclosure, I have never used the upgrade functionality since the import/export tools are so wonderful.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @Konquet said:
    I see more bugs.. but is hard to explain in english for me :((((

It's ok, I basically understand what went wrong. You said you had 'some SQL problems', that might be the cause of the things that went wrong.
    I would restore the backup and stay on 2.0.18.8 and we will find a new way to do a new upgrade. Also see hgtonight's comment :-)

This discussion has been closed.