HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1b1 Released

Comments

• @underdog

Now i dont have VPS . I only take 1 some months for testing and see future forums to my project Proyect? What is correct? Well.. After finish the summer i try to start a good comunity project. In this way, i bet for Vanilla. When i enter in this forum i see a small but great comunity :=))

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited April 2013

Just did a fresh install and it works great...except, all plugins when I try to enable I get this message "The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error: 500 Internal error" Nothing else. Looked at apache logs and no clue.

I did follow steps here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23374 and it kind of works

I am able to enable plugins manually, but not within the dashboard. I can disable said plugins from the dashboard, but when I click enable, I get a 500 error.

Suggestions?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yea it only works one way. I am using this install to test my themes and plugins with my themes so it is ok as long as it works. It could be a missing table problem in the database. But pretty much everything seems to work except enabling stuff in the dashboard. I have a feeling it's an indexing issue.

edited April 2013

okay glad I'm not crazy :) I am testing it to, so I am ready to switch. The team/community has done some awesome work with this release...

edited April 2013

It is possible this could go away by reinstalling . I am in the middle of testing somethings and will reinstall after I finish and save the work. If you have nothing on there yet, maybe a reinstall may fix the issue?

just save the database name and password etc in case you need to enter them again.

• @adriansonline said:
    I am able to enable plugins manually, but not within the dashboard. I can disable said plugins from the dashboard, but when I click enable, I get a 500 error.

Unfortunately, when you get an apache 500 internal server error, you need to look in the apache error logs.
    What I would do is clear the error logs, then generate the internal server error. Now you have an exact apache error log of the internal server error.
    Try to figure out what went wrong, if not, post it in your new thread (topic, discussion). Make sure it's not a file you post, but text please ;-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

@underdog the challenge I have, as I noted, is the apache log is empty ;) maybe @vrijvlinder has a good log as we same to have the same issue

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@adriansonline This is a known issue on GitHub (#1561). There is a quick hack fix in there, but it is not ideal. /shameless plug

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

I have the same, no log, I talked to the host they say it is all working fine , I did get rid of the debugger plugin it had a syntax error , it did not like to have a function, I changed it to if function exists and it got rid of that error, but still can't enable from the dashboard .

This does not seem to generate a 500 server error. Although it looks like one. There is a bug somewhere . specially coz the message is in a huge box not the normal one at the top of the plug ins.

edited April 2013

I just got though testing the mobile theme in this installation. At first it gave me 500 error. I looked at my cgi error log for more info.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function AdminCheck() in /fumamx/foro/applications/vanilla/views/discussions/index.php on line 6

I commented out //AdminCheck() and the mobile theme loaded fine.

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

I just wanted to say that my upgrade issues have been resolved. I probably did something wrong in my previous attempts.

Exported my 2.0.18.4 forum using the porter, and then imported to 2.1b1.11. Everything works, as far as I can tell.

• Couldn't get custom locale to work without editing config.

Added:

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'special-locale';

It works, but no default locale can be selected in the menu in the dashboard, which shows no locales at all.

• On a fresh install of 2.1b1, I can no longer select Facebook or Twitter as Authenticator (only see OpenID & Google).
    Is this an install problem or by design (in 2.1)? If design, will they be restored in an upcoming release? (specifically interested in Facebook)
    Thanks!

• The direct download link URL starts with 'vanilla.local'.

• Yepz, found by Gary:

@GaryFunk said:
    For those that need the link it is: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.1b1

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited April 2013

@SethHarris said:
    On a fresh install of 2.1b1, I can no longer select Facebook or Twitter as Authenticator (only see OpenID & Google).
    Is this an install problem or by design (in 2.1)? If design, will they be restored in an upcoming release? (specifically interested in Facebook)
    Thanks!

I believe that they can now be found under the social settings page. The last time I checked, the links on the social settings page to enable the Facebook and Twitter features were broken, but it might have been fixed in the beta. If the links don't work, right click them, copy the URL, fix the link, then go to the address to enable them.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Three cheers to the new release..

@hgtonight said: From my testing, they have added a new module (MeModule), made translations more thorough, fixed a lot of bugs, and made everything just work better.

You can find the known differences we have documented on the wiki. Feel free to add any you find! :D

Thank you for your insights :)

• I just performed a fresh 2.1b1 installation, and when I access the forum logged in as administrator, I can not find the link to the Dashboard (in the header it shows the banner title, then "Discussions" and "Activity"). In 2.0.18.8 there was a link "Dashboard" in the header before "Discussions".

Am I missing something here?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@MasterOne With the default theme, you can find it under the Account Settings gear next to your avatar.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Masterone

Look in your 'MeBox' in the panel.

Click on the 'cog' icon.

This discussion has been closed.