HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1b1 Released

Comments

• Thanks a lot, guys, I have completely overlooked that one. :)

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited May 2013

Are the Vanilla Guys are already working in the Vanilla 2.2?
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/tree/release/2.2

Also the 2.1 branche looks pretty sleepy:
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/tree/2.1

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • CaioCaio
    edited May 2013

Does anyone know when the stable version will be released? (e.g. June-July)

• @Caio said:
    Does anyone know when the stable version will be released? (e.g. June-July)

I guess you will not get a better answer than "It's ready when it's ready!".

• @MasterOne said:
    I guess you will not get a better answer than "It's ready when it's ready!".

maybe your answer will stop the ad-nauseum questioning about release dates. since it has already been publicly announced by the developers that they don't "release" release dates. So, until they change that policy, assume that is the policy.

Any other ruminations about predicting dates is just "p***ing in the wind".

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• None of the plugins seem to work for 2.1b, even the ones that are included in the download zip. All result in a crash, followed by "Page Not Found. The page you were looking for could not be found."

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited May 2013

@ChrisGwynne said:
    None of the plugins seem to work for 2.1b, even the ones that are included in the download zip. All result in a crash, followed by "Page Not Found. The page you were looking for could not be found."

You open a new discussion and say : hi guys I'm new here, I'm using Vanilla 2.1 on my local install with plugin xyz and have a few problems. Vanilla crashes with error message (paste here) and my log says : (paste here). My .htaccess file shows (paste here in < pre > tags or in 'code block'). I have tried a, b and c but it doesn't work yet, any help would be appreciated

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭

The download link in the first post is still broken, like @GaryFunk said a couple of months ago. You might want to edit it so people don't have to go looking. Here's the proper link again http://vanillaforums.org/get/vanilla-core-2.1b1

• This discussion title seems to be confused or perhaps I'm wrong.... No stable release seems to be linked in.... Just a GIT developing link... humm

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@elwizard

The title refers to the first post, by Todd, which explains that this is a Beta testing release.

• elwizardelwizard New
    edited June 2013

Ok. Thanks. I understand it is still developing... so what's about 2.2b release?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

What's about it?

• So I'm wondering why are two different versions on developing now. Sorry by my ignorance...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

the alpha is more on the edge and the beta is more leaning towards stable.
    eventually the alpha fixes will be committed to the beta and then the beta will go stable and then the hip bone is connected to the leg bone and the leg bone is connected to the ankle bone.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thank you for your quick anwser. Normally alphas and betas are from the same version but I won't say anything about the manners of work of every staff. ;)

• but I won't say anything about the manners of work of every staff. ;)

to each his own normal methodology.

• It's pretty common to work on different release branches these days, especially because Git makes it so easy compared to CVS or SVN

• Its be great if in new version add spoiler in all version of tags (html, bbcode, markdown).
    really looking forward to the new version.

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

Looks like 2.2 has been pushed to the master branch on github
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/cc9f8f3958e98519df4cb3c845cbca0ddc5e6cbc

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• The forum here is now on 2.2 -

has anyone been successful with the new 2.2 version downloaded from zip.

This discussion has been closed.