HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1b1 Released

Comments

• Hi all, newbie here, and congratulation team for new release

• What are the changes in this beta? where can i see the list?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

How come the download zip link is broken? when trying to download master or develop.

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden

@Todd, @Lincoln or is it just me?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine Sounds like a GitHub problem. It currently works for me.

• thx. It must be a github deal. But its strange you can download but I can't, I would think github should cause issues with everyone.

this is the error I get
    /tmp/khdUYxiX.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read

I decided to get it by a different route than the zip.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You could file a GitHub support ticket if it persists. Could be an issue in part of their infrastructure.

• @Lincoln said:
    You could file a GitHub support ticket if it persists. Could be an issue in part of their infrastructure.

I thought it might be out of your bailiwhick.

thx.

• Any idea when will the final version of 2.1 release? Just asking

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

Any idea when will the final version of 2.1 release? Just asking

Yes. Search the forum for "When will final version be released" or possibly "release date". I'm sure you will find the exact date, and if not an explanation. :)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I heard it would be on the actual date of the birth of jesus.....

• would that be a Julian Date? or Gregorian?

edited August 2013

Yes That caused much confusion so the alternate release date uses the Aztec Calendar of course. Huitzilopochtli Birthday..

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

I think it will be released on the same day that this question and answer set is asked:

How do I install the final version?

with the reply comment...

Well, did you read the documentation.

Or just change the version to say 2.1b1 or whatever you want ...if in a big hurry... lol

edited August 2013

Yo, guys/girls you reached the level of spamming this thread more than the initial question of the user would ever do.

So I guess you are the new Moderator ?

Can't you get a little down on this

No, sorry ...only up works

but that doesn't mean you need to ride the devils horse against every newbie in here.

ok how about you be here 24/7 and help deal with it in the manner which suits you best....

don't take it as an aggressive appeal

No I take it as lack of a sense of humor actually ;)

2.0.18.8 > Production

2.1b1 > Semi-Production (use with care and knowledge, do not update)
    2.2 > Experimental

I think this is how it is ...

2.0.18.8 > Stable

2.1b1 > dead branch

2.2 >Production/New upcoming Release

Here is a little diddy to end this fun thread ,complements from peregrine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcwwCL1wbFo#action=share

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited August 2013

No i'm not a moderator i'm just expressing my opinion. Like you do. I do also have my superhero phantasies from time to time, but in my case it's just a temporary effect, not a stable illness.

Do i meet the sense of humor you are looking for? ;) Ok, back to topic. The threads name wasn't chosen to be "Intelectual fight night".

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • I'm confused... is it better to use 2.1b1 or 2.2?

I found that WP comment integration is too buggy in 2.0.18.8, so I need to use at least 2.1b1. But I want to make sure that there is an easy upgrade path to the next stable version of Vanilla...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

@hgtonight said:
    redrabbit 2.1b1 is for testing. It is considered a 'dead branch' because they will never update the branch with new fixes.

It is best to stick with 2.0.18.8 unless you are interested in debugging (and filing reports on GitHub). You are free to use 2.2 of course, but expect to put in some legwork if you find issues with it.

couldn't be said better.....

This discussion has been closed.