HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1b1 Released

12345679»

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

The GitHub issue tracker is freshly weeded.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@Lincoln

Kill 'Remove' plugin button and all related functionality

I this due to the mysterious plugin folder wipeouts? Good idea ... probably should be done to 2.0 since that is where it has happened more often.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

So would it be more advisable now to use branch 2.1 than Release 2.1b1?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think that's what the dancing bear said....o-O

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

@Lincoln
    What's happening with master now, will it be bumped down to 2.1? As it seems bug fixes have been split between the 2.1 and master branch.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited August 2013

I love the way we can look at the bugs based on milestone. : https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues?direction=desc&milestone=4&page=1&sort=updated&state=open now we can see that the milestone 2.1 is 75% done. Couple of items are being worked on.
    Good job team!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2013

@R_J I recommend waiting til we release beta 2, but yes, we've simplified the branch name to '2.1'.

@Tama No, we will never decrease version number afaik. The bug fixes will be moved to master, possibly by way of develop branch for more testing. Remember, master is our production branch so our "fixes" for 2.1 only go there immediately if we're really, really sure about them. It's possible the next open source release after 2.1 will jump to 2.3. Not sure yet.

@vrijvlinder We have no plans to further update the 2.0 branch beyond security fixes. I'm closing any issues against that branch that aren't accompanied by a short-and-sweet pull request and aren't a security problem.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2013

PS Please do not take offense if your GItHub ticket is summarily executed (closed without comment) or if a reply there sounds curt. We're doing a massive amount of work extremely quickly so sometimes we forget our manners. Doing our best. We greatly appreciate issues being filed.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I think it could serve as a change log if you just say, "rubbish" or "done".

And yes, I am a curious, too :-)

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

I'm having an error when trying to activate Facebook or Twitter login. Did any managed to make this work under recents version of 2.1? Or did i miss some config setting or similar.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • if i updated to 2.2.a1.4, can i overwrite the files with the 2.1b1 release and "downgrade" without issue?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2013

@bobtheman I will say "probably" but do not guarantee it. I strongly recommend the normal backup routine beforehand.

FWIW, the differences between 2.1 and 2.2 pale next to the jump from 2.0.18 to 2.1.

This discussion has been closed.