Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sign Out Redirect

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

you are the driver. you are trying to go somewhere. you had trouble with one set of directions.

see if you can get there a different way. They both can lead you there, in your case it doesn't matter , as long as you make the attempt. There is no best per se. In your situation with a few definitions - changing conf/locale.php is the simplest. easiest. works in all situations. !!!!!! and the easiest for a novice to comprehend.

see:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/205496/#Comment_205496

if this doesn't work. it will be only because you didn't cut and paste correctly! end of story.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Text changes are showing up now. Which files can I delete?

• Options

@peregrine Again with the cut and paste correctly! It worked. Now I want to clean up any unnecessary files and get back to last minute Pesach cleaning before bedikas chometz tonight.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

Which files can I delete?

which ones did you create that didn't exist before you created them?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2014

@peregrine you are a real mensch !! <3

You can leave it or delete the locale folder from your theme.

• Options

I modified about.php to include HasLocale=True. I added themes/locale/definitions.php.

• Options

you could remove the line HasLocale=True

you could remove themes/locale/definitions.php.

• Options

OK, everything looks good. Thank you both.

• Options

time to evacuate out of this thread.

• Options

Yea, after someone answers one more question: I changed the button text from Sign In. I've forgotten how I did it.

• Options

You could download the hebrew Locale or even the spanish locale and pick them out from there .... That is like having a list of all possible definitions at hand.

• Options

$Definition['Sign In'] = 'Log In';

• Options

OK, I'll give that a try. Although I doubt I did that the first time.

Well, I've thanked you both, blessed you both, and invited you both to my Seder. I can think of anything more at the moment. Oh, check out the site: www.torahrx.com. I can assure both of you, you've never seen anything like it.

Kol tuv. A kosher and freilechen Pesach.

• Options

If we were in California we surely would go visit you but peregrine is in Peregrinistan an area that used to be Uzbekistan's west coast.... ;)

And you know where I am, shavua tov , hag sameach !!

• Options

Next time either of you pass through L.A. L'shana habaah b'Yerushalayim.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

congrats @rmeilechrmeilech

you just got yourself a badge

http://vanillaforums.org/badge/comment-100

pretty much in just one discussion :)

and V just whispered to me, it may possibly be the longest discussion thread in a 24 hour period.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    You could download the hebrew Locale or even the spanish locale and pick them out from there .... That is like having a list of all possible definitions at hand.

lifting up the staff and parting the sea of comments

rmeilech said:
    Two Jews, three shuls. Will the two of you, wonderful as you both have been, decide between you the best way to go and then provide me with absolutely newbie instructions.

uno shul of thought

agree with V - You could download the hebrew Locale or even the spanish locale and pick them out from there .... That is like having a list of all possible definitions at hand.

• Options

Well, going out of Egypt is all about going out of your limitations. Looks like we all did.

• Options
    edited April 2014

Specially you Rabbi and we congratulate you for hanging in there until you got it to work.

• Options

Seriously, all I did was ask the dumb questions. Heh, this year I can be the Simple Son at my own seder. If you are not doing your own at home, I really encourage both of you to go to a Chabad seder. Lots of food and new people. We're doing the same here in L.A.