HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Getting updated versions of addons in the .org directory

2»

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Make it a @minion plugin ;)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Ok, @Linc in an effort to update the repo here, I am seconding peregrine that Participated plugin at the github vanilla addons master works with 2.1.6 so it can be updated here as well. Thanks.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@Bleistivt said:
    Would be cool if someone could verify if this is correct:

https://github.com/vanilla/addons/pull/154

1.8.4.1 worked for me and other people and did no harm.

@linc

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@vrijvlinder Participated 1.1.0 is up.

@peregrine I responded to that PR now. It isn't ready.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@Linc said:
    https://github.com/peregrine-web/addons/tree/patch-1

peregrine I responded to that PR now. It isn't ready.

your choice, if you want a File Upload plugin that works in vanilla 2.1 and then you can add it to add-ons.
    explanation included.

https://github.com/peregrine-web/addons/tree/patch-1

https://github.com/peregrine-web/addons/compare/vanilla:master...peregrine-web:patch-1?expand=1

but the above will work from what I've heard back from other users.

bleistivt can explain any more changes or make further pull requests, or override.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine That change looks a lot more reasonable, but there are some errors.

• Increment the 3rd version number, don't add a fourth.
    • Don't modify the plugin description.
    • Match our coding standard for bracing (always brace if statements) and indents.
    • I think you copy/pasted in the + signs from a git diff.

It would be better if it attempted to detect & use the CategoryModel::PermissionCategory method if it's available. That will future-proof the change so FileUpload isn't stuck on its own fork of that method forever.

The PR I commented on earlier looked nothing like that simple patch you just linked.

• Oops, looks like i forgot adding any kind of description.
    The pull request was larger because the base was 2.1

But if we can get master to work for both versions, that'll be even better.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@Linc said:
    peregrine That change looks a lot more reasonable, but there are some errors.

• Increment the 3rd version number, don't add a fourth.
    • Don't modify the plugin description.
    • Match our coding standard for bracing (always brace if statements) and indents.
    • I think you copy/pasted in the + signs from a git diff.

It would be better if it attempted to detect & use the CategoryModel::PermissionCategory method if it's available. That will future-proof the change so FileUpload isn't stuck on its own fork of that method forever.

The PR I commented on earlier looked nothing like that simple patch you just linked.

ok. you know what you want, you see the issue. your decision. once again.

I understand your tips, thanks for the hints.

but I don't know what it will take for you to implement, it seems to be forever a catch-22.

add an is_method in and an if... to make it compatible,

I didn't add any if statements, that was your master version not following your own coding standards.

as seen here:

https://github.com/vanilla/addons/blob/master/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php#L62

so that would be a coding standard bug fix that you guys might want to change.

it is extemely hard to make reasonable github requests on addons section.

the master and 2.1 are so different.

and belistivt tried to act on 2.1 and tried to act on master.

after a while if it becomes too hard for a 4 line change, some of us are going to give up making suggestions to help the community have an easier time downloading a plugin. I know I am getting worn out.

Ok , I suggest starting again here with fileupload, I am too new to php to know how to uphold the standards you have set. But in effort to get the ball rolling, Someone apt, please make the changes needed to satisfy the most stringent lord and give me a zip so I can second and third this plugin so we can move on to the next one ...

No? Let us test the spirit of working together to reach a goal fast !!! before I turn into the grinch that stole x-mas and New Year and whatever you throw at me... >:)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited December 2014

@peregrine said:
    but I don't know what it will take for you to implement

I provided a bullet point list.

@peregrine said:
    that was your master version not following your own coding standards.

That's correct, we update it as we change code.

@vrijvlinder said:
    the changes needed to satisfy the most stringent lord

I spent my Friday night dealing with code emergencies, then woke up early on a Saturday to try and get thru my hopeless backlog of issues (and this ain't even one of them), and yet I'm sitting here patiently explaining coding standards to help you be a part of our process so things like this can happen faster, and I'm getting sass in return. It isn't appreciated.

Yes, I could fix it in 5 minutes. But I'd rather spend 15 teaching you how to be involved because I only have so many 5-minute increments in a day, and it turns out that doesn't scale the way you wish it would.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@Linc said

@peregrine said: but I don't know what it will take for you to implement

I provided a bullet point list.

Increment the 3rd version number, don't add a fourth.

done.

Don't modify the plugin description.

done. meaning not done

Match our coding standard for bracing (always brace if statements) and indents.

attempted to get within the marks and lord Bracko standards.

I think you copy/pasted in the + signs from a git diff.

yes I did.

but this time I cut and pasted from my localhost.

futureproofed.

my ultimate best and final attempt.

https://github.com/peregrine-web/addons/compare/vanilla:master...patch-1?quick_pull=1

if that don't work. I will have to give up on github, since I can't clone on my computer, i have to pencil in changes on github itself.

And I appreciate it, which is why I want to help test it once someone can give me a perfect copy.
    I am only admitting to my lack of expertise in fulfilling what is being requested. Not criticizing it by any means.

I only want to help fix the addons so people are happy.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

you can test after @linc merges the pull request if you like or you can look at the diff in previous comment.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine Looks good, I grabbed the commit and brought it over here: https://github.com/vanilla/addons/pull/169 so I can help if it has anything else crop up. Good work, thanks!

• The authorselector plugin needs to be updated.

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/authorselector-plugin

• Have you verified the new version works with the current open source release(s)?

Yes

• Have you verified it doesn't introduce new issues?

Yes

• Are you satisfied it's a worthwhile upgrade?

Yes, because the 2014 version breaks advanced editor.

If two developers sign off on a plugin at a particular version, I'll download from GitHub and upload it to the directory. Please mention me after the second sign off.

Anyone O:) ?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Caylus said:
    The authorselector plugin needs to be updated.

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/authorselector-plugin

If two developers sign off on a plugin at a particular version, I'll download from GitHub and upload it to the directory. Please mention me after the second sign off.

Anyone O:) ?

Which version (GitHub branch) have you tested?