HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The road to the next major release (2.2)

Comments

• It would be nice if there was a spoiler plugin included in the core.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Fair warning: I'm leaning heavily toward using 2.2 as the next version number, bugger the overlap with current master.

• Will the version numbers just keep going i.e. if the next OS release was right now, it'd be 2.2.16.9?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2015

Nope, we'd start at 2.2 and move up normally. I am also against having a fourth point number for open source, generally.

My current thought is I would jump master up to 2.2.100.x to keep it out of the open source namespace going forward. So it would only really effect those moving from master to stable, which isn't common afaik.

• What happened to he odd/even numbers routine?

grep is your friend.

• @hgtonight said:
    Damn kids and their emoji.

Back in my day you had to turn your head sideways to understand pictures!

Agree I don't know what the fuss is about.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@x00 said:
    What happened to he odd/even numbers routine?

The purpose of that was to keep pristine version numbering on master branch. I think Todd and I are both kinda over that idea now. We don't like jumping numbers, and it's just going to be confusing to folks who haven't gotten the memo.

• Alight. I hadn't got he memo that you are not doing that. So I was telling people. Oops.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

We merged stage branch to master tonight, which sorted out a few things...

[x] Features: Our main feature hurdle is getting our emoji parsing squared away. We need to review it so we don't get incorrect/unfinished implementations in the wild.

[x] Bugs: My biggest bug concern is our Markdown support. It's kinda gross right now.

[x] Workflow: I'd like to see outstanding pull requests winnowed significantly before the release cycle starts.

WELL ISN'T THAT INTERESTING.

• Oh my god. I can
    write haikus without making
    stupid paragraphs.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You can also quote

And reply on the next line with strikeout action.

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

I installed the develop Version 2.3a1, just to test the long awaited Awesome Editor... :awesome:

But where can I find the "Advanced Editor", or how can I activate it for "WYSIWYG"? In the plugins theres just the old CLEditor...

ThX.. ;)

• One thing I would like to point out is the quote button doesn't always, quote the entire message, in fact sometimes it doesn’t quote anything at all other than put "somebody said:"

I think this might be related to nested quotes. Not sure.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Dr_Sommer said:
    I installed the develop Version 2.3a1, just to test the long awaited Awesome Editor... :awesome:

The develop branch is dead and not indicative of an upcoming release.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@x00 said:
    One thing I would like to point out is the quote button doesn't always, quote the entire message, in fact sometimes it doesn’t quote anything at all other than put "somebody said:"

I think this might be related to nested quotes. Not sure.

Add any details you figure out to this bug post I started: https://github.com/vanilla/addons/issues/179 It's not complete yet; I know there's more to it than what I've added there so far.

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

@Linc said:
    The purpose of that was to keep pristine version numbering on master branch. I think Todd and I are both kinda over that idea now. We don't like jumping numbers, and it's just going to be confusing to folks who haven't gotten the memo.

Good to hear!
    It was confusing just to read about the skip of version number and open source and closed source branch.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    echo ':anguished:';

echo ':anguished:';

Is the smiley conversion inside code intended or should it be a GitHub issue?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@R_J Should be a GitHub issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Resolved: Vanilla 2.2 will require PHP 5.3.

We still plan to raise requirements to 5.4 for subsequent releases, but there's no pressing reason to do so for 2.2.