HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The road to the next major release (2.2)

Comments

• Just interested, will there be maybe some cool new "auto update" function in new 2.2 version? So we can update script with just one click on mouse/touchpad? :)

• @Mrtvac said:
    Just interested, will there be maybe some cool new "auto update" function in new 2.2 version? So we can update script with just one click on mouse/touchpad? :)

If you would like managed upgrades, you need the subscription version of Vanilla.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2015

@Mrtvac said:
    Just interested, will there be maybe some cool new "auto update" function in new 2.2 version? So we can update script with just one click on mouse/touchpad? :)

That isn't planned, no. We don't have the resources for that project currently.

Dashboard notification of new versions is, however, planned.

• You know what would be a useful update... a way to batch delete members. Maybe even a simple check box? Anyone want to work on this plugin? Deleting Spam Accounts drives me nuts. Ill help on it.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
  • hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@DSX check out my Bulk Edit plugin which lets you perform bulk actions on the user dashboard system.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/bulkedit-plugin

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Do we have a full copy and paste feature, I had it on VB4 where you can copy rich text with formatting and paste it in the editor. That would be sweet if it's already there.

• check. =)

@Bleistivt said:
    Oh my god. I can
    write haikus without making
    stupid paragraphs.

• Will this update better support cloudflare new features?

• I don't know if this still is the default behavior in 2.2, but I have problems with Vanilla choosing to use the 'mobile' theme when nothing is specified in the config. My expectation, and the behavior of all other software I have used, is for it to show the selected theme (because that's why I selected it), unless I explicitly specify otherwise for mobile.

The default config file could read " ['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'mobile'; " but if it is empty or missing, I really want the fallback to be the selected theme, and not the shipped mobile theme. Especially now that responsive web is more rule than exception.

Thanks for considering that for 2.2.

• @JohanRonstrom that is hardly a bug, just set the to your theme. Just becuase responsive is more and more used, doesn’t mean thy should assume which theme to use. That would cause more issue for a large group of existing users.

grep is your friend.

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

This wouldn't be a sane default, because the default theme is not responsive at the moment.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The default config file could read " ['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'mobile'; " but if it is empty or missing

It actually does but the file is called config-defaults you just copy that into the config and put the name of any theme you want as a mobile.

I really want the fallback to be the selected theme, and not the shipped mobile theme

Some themes work with mobile and some do not which is why there are two types. You can build a theme which also works with mobile and you can select it by adding the name of the theme in that configuration. There is no short cut and it really only takes a few seconds from your life to do it.....

Especially now that responsive web is more rule than exception.

You can make your own theme any way you want. Should Vanilla have to do everything for you? That would be nice but it also would not be free.

The idea of this is for people to take it further with what you get for free. A chimp could do it. It is made so anyone with a single brain cell can style and edit to their hearts content.

To ask for more is inadequate ...

• @forumer said:
    Please be patient as Vanilla will be released soon. The rocket is on his way.

hahah, I have to say it: LOL ;)

• jobbatamjobbatam Batam New

Hallo, i m new user in vanilla forum. I have plan to try vanilla, but still review all on feature.. ;)

• jobbatamjobbatam Batam New

@Mrtvac said:

agree with you..
    qoute ofbthe day :awesome:

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Linc said:

That isn't planned, no. We don't have the resources for that project currently.

Dashboard notification of new versions is, however, planned.

So you can take that as a no.

• xDaizuxDaizu New
    edited May 2015

Is there any date on a new 2.2 release?

I dont wanna rush anyone, of course, but currently I'm working on the API plugin, which requires 2.2 but master is broken (for me, at least, issue reported); and it can't be used on the 2.2 tag releases because they are, ironically, older than the 2.1 and have compatibility issues (like the one we solved here). And it's not the only one, I've found plenty more.

So... there's not really much of a point on me developing for the already deprecated 2.2 release tags if there's gonna be a leap in the official 2.2 beta, and I must plan my schedule, because I'm loving a lot of things about Vanilla and I intend it to be a huge part of my project, so... any estimated date for 2.2b?

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@xDaizu, the issue seems to be this:

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/2749

I ran into a similar issue. Try making the change here

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/pull/2668

and see if it helps :)