HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The road to the next major release (2.2)

123457»

Comments

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

+1 to that!

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2015

@Linc

this is the sort of issue that would nice to make it into 2.2

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/2822

Unless there was some reason the events were left out in the first place, but I doubt it. Probably just oversight.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Pull requests :(

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

There are like 4 things left blocking 2.2 and the minute they are in I am forking. If you folks want some low-hanging fruit, file pull requests like the next version depends on it. :)

• done

grep is your friend.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@K4004 said:
    window.alert(“test”)

Okay...
    Stop spamming...
    (http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/30137/hi-everyone#latest)

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

My little two cents - regarding the editor(s) -- We really want a WYSWYG type of an editor, but all the current plugins in 2.1 have problems with mobile devices. I was quite disappointed to read many comments about this problem.

Basically, my experience with Android and Apple mobile devices is that the formatting buttons behavior interferes with the mobile keyboards. Pressing text to highlight what needs to be formatted is oftentimes captured by the mobile keyboard for purposes of cut&paste and not by the Java scripts of the various editor plugins. This sometimes happens with the buttons as well.

Another reflection -- these issues do not occur on other browser-based editing sites. For example, I invoked gmail in a browser (setting the browser to desktop mode so it won't try to invoke the gmail app) and had no problem editing email with their somewhat-rich editing button.

So please, please, test the new 2.2 editor on mobile devices (both apple/android) and get us advanced editing support on mobile. This is 2015 guys... (not complaining - you volunteers are great, I just want to impart some end user feedback).