Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Community NEW STYLES CONTEST! (cash prize!) Ends October 1st

Comments

• Options
    haha, nice redux, a theme will take you a bit more to make than a simple style ;)

although, really good themes like SoulScape can be made :)
  • Options
    If someone could make a style with these colors it will a great one #8E83BF #C8A2C8
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Woohoo! Can't wait to see the styles! Great idea EDIT: Andy! If all goes well this should up your traffic quite a bit! The styles section has been a bit empty :(
  • Options
    It was Andy K's idea, not Mark's! ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Here is a teaser:

Features:
    • 96 pixel-wide icons (easy to make taller)
    • more traditional gridded discussion list appearance
    • more traditional coment appearance
    • fixed width
    • nifty Fitt's Law CSS rollover effects for tabs and pagination
    • Works with Vanilla's default theme.
    • tested in IE6, IE7, FF
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I like what you've done with the Sticky/Closes tags Wall :)

Here's my teaser:

Features:
    - Uses a new theme called "tabled"
    - 64x64 icons
    - Grid roll-over effects

Also, it will be released with a new extension called "Discussion Overview"
  • Options
    Well...image
  • Options
    Wow. Jazzman. That makes me want to set fire to the style im working on :)
  • Options
    OMG Wallphone... I like your style already ... it is great ....I think I will try to use the colors I mentioned on it without much tweaking ... thanks in advance ... Also we are going to enjoy the contrast Jazzman created ... normally I don't like this degree of green but your mixing is amazing ... Great work guys ... and yes .. thanks for Andy for jumpstarting the style making movement(???) ...
  • Options
    Rock. On.

Keep 'em coming! If more folks want to get involved, feel free to take what's already in the Styles area and change the colors, make a few adaptations, see what happens. I'd love to see a "Clockwork" like series (from 0.9.x): "The same basic style, in 5-6 different colors", etc.

Thanks!
    -Andy
  • Options
    hmmm... pity i might not be able to get my theme ready b4 the first, it seems like competition is huge!
  • Options
    That looks lovely Jazzman, good work! Just a shame it's a theme and not a style though, it looks like it has a similar layout to the Vanilla theme too :(
  • Options
    ok, i'm not going to get my new theme up and going without help because of me running out of time and going away, so i've just uploaded my original style that i was going to put in for the contest anyway.

i will finish the theme once i get to it but since i'm not proficient at css yet, i've been using html and that's been slowing me down. at the moment it's about three quarters done.
  • Options
    Methinks Jazzman's going to win :D

I'm having a frustrating time with my style, the default theme doesn't have enough tags for me to hang my rounded corners off, and I really don't want to have to create a new theme.
  • Options
    Some closet user thats only posted like 2x is gonna win.
  • Options
    PING! Just one week (7 days) left.

-Andy
  • Options
    Well, Im a bit late, but Im gonna start one now!
  • Options
    I'm contemplating the possibility of doing one....
  • Options
    Yay! Go on, optikinescant! More styles = good for everyone! I wish I hadn't slacked off on some other things, making me terribly busy, but I'll get at least one style in before that deadline.
  • Options
    PING! Just three (well, four, counting today) days left on this contest. I'm seeing lots of styles starting to appear in the Add-Ons section, rock on!

The last ping will happen approx 24 hours from the finish line.
This discussion has been closed.