Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[v0.2] phpBB Migrator

Comments

• Options
    lech, we'll let ya off... this time..... :-P
  • Options
    hmmm. banner ads....and we're expected to help?

On a serious note, i imagine a signature would be a *very* simple thing to add.
    Surprisingly enough i havent actually looked at the code, but i'm sure its just a question of pulling it through in the query and then adding it to the bottom of the post in whatever fashion preferable.

Ofcourse getting the signature from phpBB is also easy enough, though whether this'd be part of the extension or what i dunno.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff

Oh man. Do I ever hate signatures. I purposefully left them out. What a waste of screen space.

But if they really wanted it - you could enable the clipboard and they could set up a ton of different signatures on their clipboard and then just paste in whichever one they wanted when posting.

• Options
    hi guys,

yeah, i know sigs are not a very pretty feature asethetically but i think it is the only thing that users of my board would complain about if i switched it over to vanilla.... sigh...

anyhows as i'm not a programmer might just have to give this a miss... hmmm
  • Options
    Well marks clipboard idea requires no programming whatsoever.

If i had any idea how extensions worked, i'd do it for you, but i cant :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    sacrifice one for the sanity of the many!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff

IT wouldn't be that hard to add the signatures, no.

But the way it is, it would slow things down.

There is a much slicker way of doing it, but it would require changing source code.

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I'm willing to bet that your idea is something like the role description tag... right?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff

Well - yes and no.

• Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005

• Options
    ahhhh, i hate signatures too!
  • Options
    Begun work on a vBulletin importer. :)
  • Options
    good man.
    /me bets its a shit load better than his crack
  • Options
    Not sure how well it's going to work yet, I'm beta testing it on a board with over 1,000 members and over 70,000 posts... lol *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    haha. i think i was on 1500 users and ~25000 posts. Check further up this thread for rough times i achieved...theyre probably beatable but otherwise certainly a target.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff

Yeah - Chris - that's awesome. Please be sure to let me know how it goes. I can put your code up on lussumo after it's finished if you want to share it with others.

• Options
    i just had a great idea - as it's common knowledge that anyone who uses phpBB is a lame-o to the Xtreem, how's about canning this idea and replacing it with an option to import from a phpBB that, instead of importing from phpBB, deletes everything it can on the server and displays a "YOU SUCK" message.

i know it may be a little late in development for this idea, but i think it should be considered.

maybe i'll make an extension......
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff

hahaha

• Options
    I'll admit I haven't read this in its entirety, but did anyone ever get a functional converter up and running? I've got a bit of a nasty job I'd like to pull... converting a YaBB to phpBB and then to Vanilla. Should be fun!
  • Options
    no, mini is away
    mark has a beta version of the converter i believe, as far as it being released fully, it hasn't yet.. so ask mark for it i guess, otherwise mini's back tomoro i believe