HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback Issues Questions for Galleries Plugin

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I have explained what to do And added a zip with the changes you need , I can't test it the way you ask , everyone has a different set up and it is very easy to erase the word forum and replace with whatever works for you simply erase the word forum in the links

edited May 2013

@phreak and @DenisS , I have not been able to log in here on the desk top until now.

Here is a version of your type of set up which should work however I have no way of testing it so you must test it. Replace your gallery.php file with this one I have made all the necessary changes for you.

Please let me know if this worked.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

I made this before I saw yours - @vrijvlinder - see if it works should work for forums in /forum /discuss, / , wherever.

it should not need any changes - wherever the forum is located.
    (Assuming I did it correctly).

possible replacement for gallery.php. i just made forum a variable and retrieve the forum location from URL

I couldn't test on root. But it seemed to auto pick up locations if not root and will probably work with root.

maybe @phreak will try it and provide feedback. - it might help someone else.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

Yes it seems to work now except i can't up-load new photos, Unless i make a new Album I did have to make a new Album "test" and then it worked before i did this got page not found fault, and still do on the old Albums
    " http://www.ubon-expatsforum.services-thai.com/uploads/picgal/Ubon and Around/image1.jpg"
    This is no problem i'll just delete the old Albums, and make new ones.

When click to view or upload new pictures, you go the the second screen and can only make a new Album. No where to click to upload . See snapshot

• @DenisS

which galleries.php are you using. give details.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

vrijvlinder CSS Addict MVP May 28.
    This is the galleries.php i am using it's the zip file Vrijlinder provided. I still have a look today and trying to test it through. It's nearly there i think.

I have tried them all now right from the beginning. Inc: peregrine ☯ MVP
    May 28 gallery.php but the Vrijvliner seems to work, and find the photo can view but can't upload without making a new Album but only one photo per Album.

I have been through I cannot upload photos unless i make a new Album eg: Make new Album > upload Pictures so i do and it works and i can view the photo. But thats that, I cannot upload anymore photos to that or any other album. But can see the new albums. The choose File box does not appear only when making a new Album. So don't know how it's all works until i can upload many photos.

It seems that it does work, my fix or peregrines not sure ,but you need a couple fixes to the urls
    this is the upload form for that album

http://www.ubon-expatsforum.services-thai.com/gallery/gallery/test2

not sure why you got gallery twice there though in the link . Unless you installed this twice?

the links to the images are missing a slash it should look like this

img src="/uploads/picgal/test2/image1.jpg" alt="User Images"

the image is stored here

http://www.ubon-expatsforum.services-thai.com/uploads/picgal/test2/image1.jpg

you can add images to the same album via ftp into that folder also to upload many at once. then you copy the names into the notes.dat in the folder for the album you uploaded the images .

Ok thanks i'll try again today, i'll let you know how i get on.

Error on install:
    New object methods must be unique. The new "plugincontroller_gallery_create" method has already been assigned by the "PictureGallery.plugincontroller_gallery_create" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "Galleries" plugin.|PluginManager|RegisterNewMethod|

Tried again and this is the error: New object methods must be unique. The new "plugincontroller_gallery_create" method has already been assigned by the "Galleries.plugincontroller_gallery_create" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "PictureGallery" plugin."
    LOCATION: /home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php

561: $EventKey = strtolower($EventClassName == '' ? $NewMethodName : $EventClassName.'_'.$EventName.'_Create');
    562:
    563: // Throw an error if this method has already been created.
    564: if (array_key_exists($EventKey, $this->_NewMethodCollection) === TRUE)

565: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('New object methods must be unique. The new "'.$EventKey.'" method has already been assigned by the "'.$this->_NewMethodCollection[$EventKey].'" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "'.$NewMethodClassName.'" plugin.', 'PluginManager', 'RegisterNewMethod'), E_USER_ERROR);

566:
    567: // Otherwise, specify this class as the source for the new method.
    568: $this->_NewMethodCollection[$EventKey] = $NewMethodKey;
    569: }

BACKTRACE:
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 565] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 377] Gdn_PluginManager->RegisterNewMethod();
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 354] Gdn_PluginManager->RegisterPlugin();
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 99] Gdn_PluginManager->RegisterPlugins();
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/bootstrap.php 152] Gdn_PluginManager->Start();
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/index.php 41] PHP::require_once();
    Plugin Description

edited July 2013

If you have installed any other plugin that uses those controllers that will happen.

I told you to remove or disable the plugins you are not using. You have many and some from vanilla 1.

Until you clean up your install you will continue to have problems. Remove all the plugins you do not use or that do not work. Then try and install another one. It is crazy to have so many useless plugins and you don't even fix you just leave them there and try to install on top of them ? all while they are enabled ??!!

You seem to be the only one with this problem because you don't listen to directions and don't read what you are told to.

YOU CAN'T USE THE SAME CONTROLLER. PICTURE-GALLERY AND GALLERIES USES THE SAME CONTROLLER METHOD. YOU NEED TO REMOVE ONE BEFORE INSTALLING THE OTHER.

If you are using or having problems with the Picture Gallery plugin then start another discussion for that plugin. Not here for the Galleries plugin.

• Hi There,

As requested I've attached the gallery.php zipped up. The issue is that the links come up as URL/forum/gallery/(name of gallery)

Thanks for your rapid response.

Cheers

Dave

and you want the link to be? if you installed in the root change all the ones in links that say forum with a slash, I made one for people with install in the root

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24211/for-galleries-installed-in-the-root#latest

please replace that gallery.php with this one if your install is in the root.

• The plugin installs just fine, but when I click on the Gallery url at the top of the page, it gives me a "You do not have the permission to do that...Please Log In" error message. I am more than sure that I am logged in.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited July 2013

Hey guys, sorry i've totally overseen this. i also encountered troubles when testing, but didn't go into depth. Is the most recent download in the addon repository?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • The latest one in the repository says version 1.3 on July 9.

You need to set permissions in the dashboard to upload. You need to set permission in the dashboard to upload, you need to set permissions in the dashboard to upload.
    You need to set permissions in the dashboard to upload.

I have said this a million times already and the same goes with any upload form , You need to set permissions to upload.

edited July 2013

@phreak said:
    Hey guys, sorry i've totally overseen this. i also encountered troubles when testing, but didn't go into depth. Is the most recent download in the addon repository?

@phreak
    Yes it is an it has no troubles except the ones you create from not following the instructions . I would appreciate you not comment if you have nothing to offer by way of information about why it did not work for you and you alone...

The plugin has been downloaded over 400 times . It works for most people specially if they read and follow instructions .