HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugins & Themes that WORK and DON'T work in vanilla 2.1

Comments

• So far...

WORKING plugins IN V2.1 that I have tested include:
    **AptAds, AuthorTimeView, CategoryAccordion, Cleanser, DiscussionPolls, FbPopupJoin, KPoll, MemberListEhn, MostPopular, MyProfile, OnlineUser, ParticipatedDiscussion, PeregrineBadges, ProfileVisitors, KarmaBank, Friendship, **
    NOTE: Thumb up to Peregrine and O'Sullivan, none of their plugins I have is hitching

FAIRLY WORKING:
    Whosonline (Bonks: Profile Settings)
    UserList (Bonks: Admin Settings)
    TopPosters (Bonks: Admin Settings)
    Signature (Bonks: Profile Settings)
    EmailSubscribe (Bonks: Profile Setttings)
    ThankfulPeople (Bonks: Discussion page)
    FileUploadDetect (Bonks: Uploading....)
    ILikeThis (Bonks: Discussion page)
    Following (Bonks: Dont know where the Follow button now is)

more to follow..

• @haryour said:
    So far...

WORKING plugins IN V2.1 that I have tested include:
    **AptAds, AuthorTimeView, CategoryAccordion, Cleanser, DiscussionPolls, FbPopupJoin, KPoll, MemberListEhn, MostPopular, MyProfile, OnlineUser, ParticipatedDiscussion, PeregrineBadges, ProfileVisitors, KarmaBank, Friendship, **
    NOTE: Thumb up to Peregrine and O'Sullivan, none of their plugins I have is hitching

FAIRLY WORKING:
    Whosonline (Bonks: Profile Settings)
    UserList (Bonks: Admin Settings)
    TopPosters (Bonks: Admin Settings)
    Signature (Bonks: Profile Settings)
    EmailSubscribe (Bonks: Profile Setttings)
    ThankfulPeople (Bonks: Discussion page)
    FileUploadDetect (Bonks: Uploading....)
    ILikeThis (Bonks: Discussion page)
    Following (Bonks: Dont know where the Follow button now is)

more to follow..

Signature 1.5.6 just released now complies. Thanks to the producer.

• TopPosters now works. Thanks to Peregrine for being insightful at http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21084/top-posters-not-working-with-v2-1a24#latest.

Maybe I need to check plugin pages first for V2.1 solutions.

• @haryour said:
    TopPosters now works. Thanks to Peregrine for being insightful at http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21084/top-posters-not-working-with-v2-1a24#latest.

Maybe I need to check plugin pages first for V2.1 solutions.

BINGO! I tried peregrine solution above to UserList plugin, just removing the "&" in all variable cases and here we go. Page no longer blank. @Peregrine and @vrijvlinder‌ provided the solutions. Thank men!

• @Peregrine and @vrijvlinder‌ provided the solutions. Thank men!

guys is ok for @vrijvlinder‌. otherwise you would have to prefix man with a "Wo" in her case.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

haryour said: Maybe I need to check plugin pages first for V2.1 solutions.

keep up the good work.

in answer to your rhetorical question:

actually. it is probably worth listing plugins that don't work in 2.1 in your setup as NOT working (regardless whether you can modify it to fix it). the basic idea to me is can you download it from the add-ons and does it work as expected (ignoring tweaks to add features that you might want).

• it looks like only about 7 of us are using vanilla 2.1 with any plugins.

• kind of sad the lack of input by other users.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• emotify with 2.1 and php 5.4 doesn't work as well as it could.

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1773

• my bad! I cant differentiate he from she on this platform. SUGGESTION: Maybe post should carry gender in the anchor.

• Tamara+ theme is updated to 2.1

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

OpenGraph is generally working, but deleting comments gives an error

• QnA 1.2.1 does not work in vanilla 2.1 without changes.

a few changes that make it work here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26902/some-adjustments-to-more-clearly-see-ask-a-question-in-q-a-1-2-1-new-discussion-button

• Jsconnect 1.4.1 may not work in vanilla 2.1 without adding

"IsDefault" field to GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/206382/#Comment_206382

• JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭
    edited May 2014

Quotes 1.2.2, which was the latest version to work with Vanilla 2.0, doesn't work, but 1.6.1 does.

• We don't use many of the plug-ins, and the ones we do have been addressed on your spreadsheet already. Sorry .. can't add anything of value. Whosonline does not respond as it did before updating to Vanilla 2.1

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@motahcity said:
    We don't use many of the plug-ins, and the ones we do have been addressed on your spreadsheet already. Sorry .. can't add anything of value. Whosonline does not respond as it did before updating to Vanilla 2.1

Listing the addons you use that work (even though others have tested them) increases the confidence in the list being right.

Please list the working addons you have tried.

Thanks for your help!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• onlineNow is a bit weird. Takes up too much space with timestamp and para break for each user. Missing WhosOnline. Is it going to be updated anytime soon?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

@‌somesh

WhosOnline, Is it going to be updated anytime soon?

soon is a good word. probably manana as they say.

BTW

@fr3em1nd said:    whosOnline does work on my 2.1 :) i'll share soon.

do you mean: Are the Vanilla Staff - going to update it? Or fr3em1nd

you could also use this assuming it works.

https://github.com/hgtonight/WhosOnline

By the way did you happen to read this
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1/p1

hg said:
    Listing the addons you use that work (even though others have tested them) increases the confidence in the list being right.

Please list the working addons you have tried.

yes.

this whole discussion is a metaphor for most users using this forum. questions but not many respondents answering.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

@somesh said:
    onlineNow is a bit weird. Takes up too much space with timestamp and para break for each user. Missing WhosOnline. Is it going to be updated anytime soon?

Then don't use the timestamp. I included alternate files in case you don't want the time stamp in OnlineNow plugin.

Whosonline was created by someone who has not been around for a while sadly. It will not be fixed.

You can fix it yourself and use it. Or use the alternate files in OnlineNow .

You can also simply use CSS to hide the timestamp by adding this line to your theme or the plugin css file

div.OnlineNow ul.PanelInfo li strong{
    font-size: 1px!important;
    color:transparent!important;
    }