HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugins & Themes that WORK and DON'T work in vanilla 2.1

Comments

• YES! thank you it is working now. I must say I blew past the attachment box a bunch of times...

now everything is working! Thanks for your help.

• customhomepage is working.

• FilterStar broke with 2.1

• KarmaBank broke with 2.1

Error thrown when reading a thread:

Fatal Error in Gdn_Cache.Failure();

Computed cache folder './cache/karmacache/21699' could not be found, or created.

The error occurred on or near: /var/jost/www/nonjost/jjf2.com/library/core/class.cache.php

589: }
    590:
    591: protected function Failure($Message) {
    592: if (Debug())
    593: throw new Exception($Message);
    594: else
    595: return Gdn_Cache::CACHEOP_FAILURE;
    596: }
    597: }

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@jackjitsu‌ That sounds like an issue with your server set up (permissions set incorrectly).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• It does sound like that. Let me recursively reset all permissions and report back.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I haven't really tested it in 2.1 I'm not sure who still uses it.

grep is your friend.

• release notes

* v0.9.6.9b:Sat Jul 20 11:16:15 BST 2013
     * - Partial 2.1 compatibility
     * - discussion comment display

done before RC

grep is your friend.

• I use PurchasePremiumRoles, Marketplace, and KarmaBank

They all work together to form a nice system where users can purchase premium roles, and use karma money too which they earn by participating in the forum.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

@x00 said: I'm not sure who still uses it.

I use PurchasePremiumRoles, Marketplace, and KarmaBank

@jackjitsu said:
    They all work together to form a nice system where users can purchase premium roles, and use karma >money too which they earn by participating in the forum.

on a side note:
    This may signify why positive feedback from normally silent members, (i.e., people using plugins or themes) might want to post that they are using a plugin and find it useful, it might provide incentive to developers to maintain for the next vanilla version or update as well as to provide some positive feeback to a theme or plugin developer. The ratio of negative vs positive is a bit skewed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I have a more up to date MarketPlace, PurchasePremiumRoles, KarmaBank haven't changed. These project have traditionally relied on sponsorship.

Will have to see when I have time if there are any major changes necessary.

grep is your friend.

• 0.1.4b of Marketplace is listed on the plugin site as the latest.

There is a newer version somewhere?

@jackjitsu said:

Being able to see that plugin XYZ is being run on 200+ websites on Vanilla version xyz, is amazing meta data for everyone involved. A huge confidence boost for someone considering using a plugin too.

I know that idea was brought up when talking about the addon repository rewrite that is supposedly taking place this summer.

It is a good idea.

@jackjitsu said:
    0.1.4b of Marketplace is listed on the plugin site as the latest.

There is a newer version somewhere?

It is probably a dev version he hasn't released yet.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• yes it is I will be releasing it soon

grep is your friend.

• Add on Manager doesn't work :-)

Twitter connect , out of the box didn't work for me .. was asking something like SSL required ....googled and found solution at

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26427/twitter-issue-ssl-is-required

which lead me finally to github .. spent some more time figuring that out but finally managed, yay :smile: -)

• works in 2.1
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/adminmode-plugin

quite handy for putting your forum in maintenance mode.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Does not work:
    adsensebetweenthreads-plugin-1-0-1
    adsense-plugin-1-6
    advancedanalytics-plugin-1-1-0-140102
    nillablog-plugin-1-8-1

Does work:
    footbox-plugin-1-4
    Little strange lay out, middle box is lower than the other two.

511-google-adsense-after-discussion

basicpages-application-2-1-3

categoryads-plugin-1-0

510-google-adsense-side-panel
    But the ad is too big. And changing the size in the program code does not change the size of the ad.

@elja said:
    Does not work:
    advancedanalytics-plugin-1-1-0-140102

Do you have the requirements met as described on this page: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/1186 ?

Search first