Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

The official I hate PCs discussion

Comments

• Options
    Wow, this has gone to a whole new level...
  • Options
    haha I wasn't me..........Bread lol. Someone link wanderers name to a pretty appropriate page......
  • Options
    Buckets and Bouquets guys!

The only thing I am guilty of (and regret somewhat) is actually engaging in a discussion with such small minds.
    It reminds me of the last scene in the first Men in Black movie, where they realize that (what they thought was) their entire universe is but a tiny little cubicle in a huge storage locker.

Nothing wrong if that's how small your world actually is I suppose but surely one would take the opportunity to grow and look further if it was presented instead of recoiling back into your tiny little mind space?

Posted: Friday, 26 January 2007 at 10:48AM (AEDT)

• Options
    does that mean you were offended and took your name off of the cult that you, and i quote I quote: "Joined it? Mate I started it!" from iPhone.
    Well it was meant to be funny and good spirited. I don't think calling everyone here stupid(small minded) will make you more welcome here.
  • Options
    "The only thing I am guilty of (and regret somewhat) is actually engaging in a discussion with such small minds."

Seriously. Insulting everyone here? Over banter about computers? Seriously. Pot calling Kettle....

And I believe it was the second Men In Black movie.

~silverwing - perhaps this thread has served its purpose and should be shut down....
  • Options
    Pot calling Kettle....black
    My German 1 teacher said that expression, in proper usage, to a Black girl. She called her racist and actually went to the principle over it, luckily the principle was smart enough to know what the expression actually meant.
  • Options
     Quote: y2kbg  does that mean you were offended and took your name off of the cult that you, and i quote I quote: "Joined it? Mate I started it!" from iPhone.
    Well it was meant to be funny and good spirited. I don't think calling everyone here stupid(small minded) will make you more welcome here.
    I have no idea what you are talking about, as for the small-minded comment, if the small cap fits...

And "small minded" does not mean "stupid" - see how ignorant people take offense when it's not intended?

YOU made the premise that small-minded=stupid then YOU went off the handle feeling all justified based on the wrong premise which YOU started, not me.

Mind you, I suppose being small-minded does not preclude you from being stupid.

In any case, it's Australia Day down under, I'm off to celebrate.
    pic

Posted: Friday, 26 January 2007 at 2:48PM (AEDT)

• Options
    But the small cap doesn't fit. I am only 15 man, but I do have the hardest school schedule possible at my school ie. All honors/AP and band and language and currently receiving a 4.0

if the small cap fits...

now I do take that as you actually meaning something by this.

I guess, if my mind is small, and I am still very smart, pound for pound my brain must be more efficient?

Happy Australia Day to you people down under.
  • Options
    The irony of Wanderer calling others small minded (petty, narrow minded) is awesome. Seeing as it's only you who's outright said that OSX is the only viable OS. I've even stated, on many different posts, that I'm considering a MacBook Pro. That's not small minded is it? That's open minded. I'm still waiting for a valid reason as to why OSX is better than Windows and that I should switch. If I do get a Mac then I'll be certain to have Parallels (sp?) on it.
  • Options
    Wanderer seems to of failed to realise we're not actually anti-Mac, we're just anti his incredibly close minded fanboy views!
  • Options
    This has got to be the longest thread on the forum....
  • Options
    Wanderer seems to of failed to realize we're not actually anti-Mac, we're just anti his incredibly close minded fanboy views!

I definitely agree!!
  • Options
    Wanderer for Preznitz of the Unititz Statitz! Can't believe this thread is still up and running, nor that W. (wanderer) actually bothers to respond to people who really don't seem to care much about his motivations/thoughts/ teachings. Ya know I don't W., but you're a swell guy nonetheless. You should start a blog! All the room you need... nobody listening but like-minded peeps. Happy New Year!
  • Options
    ... but it's not as much fun posting to where no one responds ...
  • Options
    Long time Mac user, since the Apple IIe, and I have to say that when I help people choose a new machine, I never tell them that they have to have Mac. Macs are a choice that people need to make on their own. Some people really love their Windows machines so much that changing would cause their world to collapse. I have to jump from Mac, Windows and Uni* variant. I don't preach. I just make sure people are comfortable in what they are doing. But on a side note, I really hate damn computers and cells. It may make the world smaller, but that leash sucks donkeys.
  • Options
    About the computers and cell phones: it's the people who try to use them as leashes. I just tell those people where to go - I'm nobody's slave, and I don't always have to answer within two hours. Usually I can wait a day or so and it is just fine. If it's a real emergency, I'm on it. If it really does not matter that much, I get to it when its feasible. This way, I can take care of the things that really matter first and then take care of the other things.
  • Options
    Its the person, not the device.
  • Options
     Quote: Krak  Its the person, not the device.
    Yes, we finally agree!

But a small-minded person would most likely use a small-minded device! (Just yanking your chains :-)

I just saw a "review" on Vista on a morning TV show, apparently it's going to be released midnight down-under time.
    They had an iPhoto rip-off application, an iTunes rip-off application and an innovative, award winning, world break-through, years in development alt-tab with thumbnail previews!

This is to be expected because the small-minded market they are aiming for couldn't handle anything more detailed.

It was certainly worth waiting all those years for this!
    Of course when a question was asked about stability & bugs it was "sorry we're out of time" and they went to a cereal commercial (which was much more informative and entertaining)!

Stay tuned for Leopard folks, now that's an OS worth waiting for.

Posted: Monday, 29 January 2007 at 9:14AM (AEDT)

• Options
    leopard is a major revision of osx, its not a whole new os YOU STUPID DICKNOSE
  • Options
     Quote: adrian.  leopard is a major revision of osx, its not a whole new os YOU STUPID DICKNOSE
    Bozone (n.) The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Posted: Monday, 29 January 2007 at 3:41PM (AEDT)

This discussion has been closed.