Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

The official I hate PCs discussion

Comments

• Options
    And by the way Wanderer, here's another reason why I'm sticking with PCs (not necessarily what happened, but the trouble he had trying to get it fixed): http://blog.simon-cozens.org/post/view/1146
  • Options
    I can't believe you guys are still humouring this idiot with replies.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    SIrnot this type of problems exist with the pc world too. u want to hear stories about bad customer rep by Dell and HP. there are million of them. making it sound like its a mac thing is not right. it makes u sound like someone just looking for a flaw any flaw to use against mac users. just like wanderer does against pc users. for every person that has a bad experience are million that have not.
  • Options
    You don't have to get a dell to have a pc - you shouldn't btw, at least for your personal use.
  • Options
    @myschizobuddy: the point is that pc parts in general are interchangeable enough that you can just go out to a computer store and get a new whatever. (I know the intel macs are changing that, but I sorta doubt that cable is as easy to find as a pc part)
  • Options
    wanderer, you seem to use the word hate a lot, which wories me a bit...
  • Options
    Probably when mark closes it. It's not harming anyone though. Atleast it stops it happening in every other discussion (to an extent)

Which was exactly why I created it :)
  • Options
    Wanderer; you have no respect for others opinions and talk down to people because they dare to hold a different opinion to you. You seem to hold Apple aloft as a company that all others should look up to when it comes to business practices. I think you're looking at them with rose tinted glasses. They're as bad as Microsoft. Not worse, not better. As bad.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2006
    Is there a way I can block this discussion so I NEVER see it again, ever!?
  • Options
    I'm back and all of you are still missing the point, proving you are PC in your mentality!

My cousin spouts how great his PC (that he proudly built himself) is.

It's been back to the shop at least twice in the last three months, and it's back again as we speak.
    He's got the overheating-shutting-itself-off syndrome someone else here had.
    The moron at the shop suspects it's the motherboard because they are only made to last 12 months at the most.

Is this the norm amongst you guys? Do you accept this sh*t? I know many who do, that's the mentality I'm referring to.

Like my neighbour who passionately told everyone how great his Ford was (Ford is a locally built car).

The bloody thing leaked oil brand new off the showroom floor, his rear passenger-side door never shut first time, you had to follow it with your hip and forget about shutting it from the inside.

It rattled like a can full of dry beans and the wipers never worked right but he still swore black and blue it was a "good" car. It wasn't until he got married and his wife let him drive her Toyota that he saw the light and learned a new word "quality" not to mention reliability.

Yes he also drives a PC!

Now read this again and tell me why I'm so bad? Am I not simply the messenger? Why are so many babies putting me down personally, ignoring the facts in my writings, asking how to block this discussion yet keep coming back for more.

You all know I'm right. Everything I said, opinion or not, I backed up with examples and anecdotes that that lead me to the opinion.
  • Options
    getting bored of this propaganda. didn't you say goodbye in an earlier post, wanderer?
  • Options
    Just to be sure you know, 3stripes is a Mac User.
  • Options
    Why is it propaganda Boris?

I'm not pushing the Apple product, I'm pushing the mentality.

And if you are getting bored, don't read the discussion, better yet, do you know what the block user gadget does?
  • Options
     Quote: blizeH  I can't believe you guys are still humouring this idiot with replies.
    And I can't believe so many are still reading this "idiot's" comments. pic
  • Options
    dude, your style of writing just reminds me of a soviet world war II propaganda leaflat.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2006
    Just to be sure you know, 3stripes is a Mac User.

Well remembered Dinoboff!

I was actually a PC user back at school when I did painting/photography, and slowly became a Mac user whilst working as a graphic designer. Using a PC definitely did not hamper my creativity in any way whatsoever.

In fact you could argue that web design is currently being hampered by designers who over-subrcribe to the cult of OS X/Aqua, resulting in horrendous overuse of gradients, drop shadows, bevels et al.

On the other hand, I also find it hilarious that Brian Eno created the Windows 95 startup theme on his Apple Mac. (I think this is true?)

Anyhow all I'm trying to illustrate here is that there's no "best" OS really, it's what you do/make with them that counts...
  • Options
     Quote: traveljunkie  dude, your style of writing just reminds me of a soviet world war II propaganda leaflat.
    I wouldn't know about that, of course the "style" of writing is completely different to the content.

So were the Soviets pushing quality, awareness, individuality, creativeness, open-mindedness...

Is it what I'm saying or how I say it that you are objecting to?

If it's the latter, I'll find some pretty posy icons to decorate it with.

If it's the former, join the "I'm happy with my PC" club.
  • Options
     Quote: 3stripe  Anyhow all I'm trying to illustrate here is that there's no "best" OS really, it's what you do/make with them that counts...
    So why are you using OS X then? Do you always select second best?

Nice portfolio by the way James.
  • Options
    So were the Soviets pushing quality, awareness, individuality, creativeness, open-mindedness...
    yeah, definatly, huge happy workers paradise they had going there, although i'm not quite sure if they used macs then. i need to do a bit more reasearch about this, but i'll get back to you.

Is it what I'm saying or how I say it that you are objecting to?
    personally, i think "style" says it all, but then i'm no native speaker.
  • Options
    Your English is fine Boris, nicely put together site too.
This discussion has been closed.