Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanillazilla: Tracking Vanilla's growth (Now open!)

Comments

• Out of interest, will this work with Vanilla v1.0? (I haven't worked out how to upgrade yet, oops!) If so, I'll install it right away and will be happy to help in anyway I can with the testing etc.
  • PolPol
    edited January 2007
    @blizeH: I don't know; I haven't tested it with 1.0. You can try it if you'd like, but at your own risk.

Okay... I'll open up the site now. Some things still need to be added, but it's working, more or less.
    Vanillazilla!

If you run a Vanilla forum, install the extension and then add your forum to the database. Yay! (Currently it only has Ø's forum.)
  • Another feature of the site is that you can see individual site statistics, like so. 'Tis nifty!
  • I tried to add mine, but got an internal server error.
  • What's your forum's URL? I'm checking my server logs, and it's getting an parse error from your server's response.
  • edited January 2007
    Added mine. blizeH: Should work fine for 1.0 except that you have to remove the first line (the if ... exit();). This extension doesn't include any other files, so it really isn't needed in this case.
  • I fixed the bug; thanks for the report. There was some invalid data (your server reports the HTML page as being encoded in UTF-8, but there are some invalid characters), but I rewrote the <link>-scraping code to ignore that.
  • Hi! Works fine for me! :-) Thank you for the side and the extension! Wouldn't it be nice to have a field for the language of the forum? And perhabs a short description? Bye Tiggr
  • Am getting the message 'internal server error' when I try to add my forum URL ( http://www.glosunit.co.uk/ ). Will try and update my version of Vanilla incase it makes a difference.
  • Perhabs, because there is no forum under that url? I can only see a blank page, when browsing that url!
  • I like this idea, nice work Pol.
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited January 2007
    Haha, well spotted! Seems like my hosting's down for a bit :P Cheers Edit: Buh, I can connect to the FTP just fine though. I bet I've broke something Edit2: Just disabled this extension and the forum's working fine again, I guess it doesn't work at all with 1.0 then.
  • Perhaps when people add a forum they could add if it's a private forum or not? I noticed a few of the current Vanizilla entries require you to register to see anything.
  • /really wants to get this working /is a stats whore
  • I've upgraded your forum to v1.0.3 and it's still reporting an internal server error when I try to add it...
  • @Tiggr: Indeed. I added a field for that. (It collected that information all along, but I forgot to have it display it.) @bjrn: Good idea. I think that'll require an update to the extension, though. @blizeH: I see your forum is running 1.0.3 now, but the extension doesn't seem to be installed. (Sorry about the Internal Server Errors, though; I'll try to have it report errors more helpfully and gracefully.)
  • Yup, it's running 1.0.3, huge thanks to Mini <i>once again</i> for being an absolute superstar and upgrading the forum. I'm still not entirely sure what the problem is now though, I've re-enabled the extension (this time the forum isn't white screening at least!) but am still being presented with the internal sever error; not quite sure why this time!
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited January 2007
    Wait up, I tell a lie; anything I tick in the extensions panel basically isn't working. Everytime I go back to the page it's as if I never set it. Odd! Edit: Have just hard coded it into extensions.php and it's working fine now! Still doesn't explain why the extensions panel isn't working, but hey, it's not the end of the world to open up the extensions config file. Looks like an ace site, really impressed btw, good work Pol! :-)
  • TiggrTiggr
    edited January 2007
    Hi!
    Have just hard coded it into extensions.php and it's working fine now! Still doesn't explain why the extensions panel isn't working,
    Sounds like a problem with the file permissions on extensions.php. The webserver must haver write-permissions on it.
    Perhaps when people add a forum they could add if it's a private forum or not?
    Yes, one of mine (Colorful Sky) is completly private, only members of our workshop organisation team can enter it.

Bye
    Tiggr
This discussion has been closed.