HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

VanillaSkins.com - Plugins, Themes and Graphics for Vanillaforums OS

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited November 2019 in General Banter

Hi all,

In the last weeks I sat down to put together an update for my VanillaSkins shop:

https://www.vanillaskins.com

Basically, you'll find a few paid and free plugins as well as themes and visually appealing badges sets for YAGA - if you feel like to enhance and beautify your community.

So the things VanillaSkins offers are:

• Plugins (Free and Paid)
  • Themes
  • Graphics

In the advent of a lot of new Vanillaforums updates (thanks to the team!), the big amount of abandoned addons and the not so well established OS ecosystem I decided to give VanillaSkins some love. It is a small but useful shop for designers, community managers and newbies who are not skilled developers in the Vanilla world.

I did this because currently, the network for newcomers to Vanillaforums OS is a little thin. Having worked with Open Source software for over 20 years, I think that every additional offer that supports the scene around a specific software is important.

The generated revenue will go directly into the development of new plugins - or what I call "missing mandatories" - that Vanillaforums does not yet provide. That way, @Bleistivt and I put together a cool and "working" gallery extensions with masonry and lightbox effects, created some GDPR relevant plugins that were not available yet for Vanillaforums and more.

You can also follow updates on Facebook.

All the best,

phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited November 2019

Hi all,

I put together a list of currently available plugins. There will be more added week by week.

• MEDIA MANAGER (GDPR) • Uploads monitoring for the dashboard
    • USER DATA EXPORT (GDPR) • Export of personal user data
    • GALLERY PLUS • Versatile user gallery = DEMO
    • DISCUSSION SCHEDULER • Auto-publish discussions in the future
    • USER INVITE REFERRER • User email invitation with YAGA rule
    • ALWAYS EDIT FIRST COMMENT • ID or category based long term editing
    • CSS MINIFICATION • CSS compressor for better page speed (SEO)
    • MAGIC LINK • Email link-based login
    • SEARCH PLUS • Advanced Search

Free plugins:

• DATE SEPERATORS • Discussion list date headers
    • DISCUSSION INSERTS • Pockets like addon
    • ZERO COMMENTS • Lists discussions with 0 answers
    • DOFOLLOW • De-activates default nofollow links

Here a preview of the badges set.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    edited December 2019

We added NECRO MAIL STOP to our plugins.

Domains running Vanillaforums are in danger to be punished with penalties by Gmail and other browser based email services. How is that?

Vanillaforums OS sends out notification emails triggered by replies, mentions, wall posts or other user related interactions of your community. Users that have become inactive are likely to not open those emails or actively mark them as spam because they are lazy to adjust their profiles notifications settings. This leads browser based email providers to weight these emails as less relevant or fraudolent causing them to end up in spam folders as well as re-weighting the relevance of your domain for all users of their service.

Necro Mail Stop helps you to prevent this allowing you to define the number of days your inactive users will receive email notifications.

https://vanillaskins.com/plugins.html#necroMailStop

• mirXmirX
    edited December 2019

Thanks @phreak for useful plugins!

I tried to install Do follow links plugin v.0.1 on my test forum 3.3 and found that Settings don't work.

edited December 2019

Hi @mirX , the settings are not needed currently. The plugin works as expected without. They are just added in plain for future purpose. For example a category chooser where you are able to give dofollow links only to designated catgeories. :)

To all: Please send me your support requests through the Vanilla website or as a private message here, otherwise this thread will go clunky and unreadable very fast.

edited December 2019

There goes a little visual cue on what plugins are currently available – paid and free. Support us so we can create more plugins for Vanilla. :)

edited March 2020

Hi everyone,

@Bleistivt and I have added a new category to the VanillaSkins website: "Free Supported Plugins". The aim here is to refurbish broken and abandoned plugins and make them available again for current Vanillaforums OS releases. Over the years a good bunch of essential plugins have been "lost in space" and our aim is to make em working for everyone.

🥁

We startet updating two plugins of hgtonight, who is not around much anymore. We also took the time to create new icons for them. So it's shiny from the inside and the oustide. ;)

• YAGA • THE gamification suite, beautifully rewritten as a plugin (more info in this discussion).
    • BULK EDIT • Edit users in bulk in the admin dashboard.

Find them here: https://vanillaskins.com/plugins.html

You ask how we finance this? Well most of this goes on our account but every plugin that was bought in the shop helped speed up the process. So thanks to all you purchasers, you get a plugin, we get some Schnitzels and the community gets abandoned plugins back into productive use. 👏

Which plugins do you see as essential in getting a makeover for 3.X and up?

• pioc34pioc34 Pézenas ✭✭

Hi phreak, i bought css minification and it works like a charm.

i think discussion poll need an update ;-)

@mirX: Thank you for the input.

@pioc34: It's actually pretty relevant when it comes to SEO. Before this plugin I merged all the CSS files by hand, that was a bit of a pain. Thank you or the purchase, a warm coffee helps working on this project. :D

edited May 2020

Hi everyone, plugin news.

We developed a "Mailchimp Integration" plugin that allows you to sign up every new user to a "Mailchimp Audience" (newsletter list). That way it's easy to either put em on your community newsletter or start an onboarding series with "Mailchimp Automations".

You got to choose if you want the sign up be actively decided on the registration form with a checkbox saying "Sign-up to our newsletter" (usually for newsletters) or simply hide it (most often used for automations).

I hope that helps you grow your community.

Buy it to help us create more plugins for the Vanillaforums ecosystem. Let's move things forward.