HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1 stable released

Comments

• jackjitsujackjitsu ✭✭
    edited April 2014

YEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! No double upgrade for me... whooooo hoooo!
    (I was patient enough to wait )

• AHHH? I just re-installed the 2.1rc version today and have customized whole day for the fews part.. do I need to re-install again :o

Anyway congratulations for the new release!!!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2014

Here is the changelog from RC1:

• 2014-04-28 Update README for release
    • 2014-04-28 Remove Activity as Homepage option
    • 2014-04-28 Remove noindex from all discussions lists
    • 2013-04-10 Add category photo delete button
    • 2014-04-28 Revert "Update class.discussionmodel.php" - Undo unread change because it has new security bug; closes #1871
    • 2014-04-25 Curate Dashboard feeds

Also I will just leave this here:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/vanilla/commit/2dab6d63a7caecce35d5ac958b53696d2cf92c47

• Awesome!

• Woot well done everyone, can't wait to try out the upgrade on a testbed over the weekend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2014

The announcement email for 2.1 and 2.0.18.11 was just sent to the world by @Adrian

• @R_J & @Lincoln
    I've tried to change it from HTML to BBCode in config.php. But it doesn't work for CLEditor plugin. Just working on ButtonBar alone. Even NBBC plugin also doesn't work. Btw, I am using version 2.2.11 from the Github repo. Thanks for your answer :) I can hardly wait for the new "advanced text editor", I really like the Emoji feature. <3

• @registerid you are using an alpha version

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@registerid I would start a new discussion for your issues since 1) a release thread isn't a good spot for issue reports and 2) you're not even using the version we released.

• I think people need to be discouraged from cloning the apha, I bet half don't even know they are doing it.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@x00 said:
    I think people need to be discouraged from cloning the apha, I bet half don't even know they are doing it.

I hope the new README will help with that.

• sounds good.

grep is your friend.

• @Lincoln said:

when was the last time, some one bothered to read directions :)

some people just don't have the courage (or would that be brains) to do that.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2014

Some highlights of this release I compiled by clicking around between my 2.0 and 2.1 installs:

• Rebooted the default theme to be easier to customize with fewer colors & rules and lower specificity in CSS
    • Switched to Smarty by default and added more helper functions
    • Improved the HTML structure of the entire site and made it easier for plugin developers to hook into common events
    • Added new Homepage & Banner options in the Dashboard
    • Added pluggable Social Integrations into core
    • Made it easier to do translations in more languages by re-architecting our activity stream & notifications
    • Replaced tabbed navigation structure
    • Redesigned Profiles for easier naviation & theming & plugin hooking
    • Simplified permissions
    • Added the "MeModule" for simplified navigation (your avatar, name, and glyph links that appears in the sidebar by default)

//edit: added to OP

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2014

Well if they don't read you could always take more drastic measures. Like a pester notice.

grep is your friend.

• edited April 2014

@x00 & @lincoln

well, I know, I'm really sorry about that :( I just hope the new text editor is also included in this latest release.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@Lincoln said:

maybe we should opt to NOT field questions by posters that relate to version 2.2 to further discourage and just post a blanket message - please use version 2.1 (2.2 is for the hosted version), if someone states I am using version 2.2.x

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That is what I normally do... I tell them to get support at github.

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

usually "master" is use as the main release code but in Vanilla "master" is "alpha" and people didn't know that.