HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugins & Themes that WORK and DON'T work in vanilla 2.1

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited May 2014 in Feedback

if you are using vanilla 2.1

you can help with this spreadsheet.

by stating whether the plugin (and version number of plugin or theme) works in 2.1 or not.

a theme spreadsheet would also be in order.

lets see how all of you who ask questions - can actually help by posting your information, to help others in community. Be a giver, and not only a taker.

you don't have to be a rocket scientist to add to this thread. either it works or it doesn't.

you could also put an explanatory description - of what part of the plugin doesn't work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvSnB6M4Z-EIdGx5UnNPN3Y3WXVwcFhicnJnazNvbWc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

on a sidenote:
As far as I know - all my plugins work in vanilla 2.1 (if they don't let me know and I will either remove the plugin or fix it).

my plugins:

http://vanillaforums.org/profile/addons/36251/peregrine

lets see how all of you who ask questions - can actually help by posting your information, to help others in community. Be a giver, and not only a taker.

did you ask a question and use vanilla 2.1 but do not have a drop of altruism to participate here? (rhetorical question).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Glass theme is now compatible with 2.1
    I will be uploading all new versions of my themes for 2.0 this week. All my plugins work on 2.1 .. mostly because they are very simple lol

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

2.1 WhosOnline - does not work. although a few users forked it and made it work.

see V's comment below.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

OnlineNow works.... same thing but with picture

• whosOnline does work on my 2.1 :) i'll share soon.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks guys!

I updated the spreadsheet with your comments.

I hope to have some time to test in the near future.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• gohuntergohunter
    edited April 2014

Just added my contribution... :)

BotStopApproval plugin - working

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

Very nice list of Add-ons and themes. Thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

ANY MODERATOR - please change title of Discussion

to

Plugins And Themes that work and DON'T work in vanilla 2.1

• Thankful People v2.14.2.0.18 - not working.

• Userlist V0.5 works on user interface but the dashboard settings page goes blank. Same goes to TopPosters V1.5.1, settings page blank....more to come

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

thx. haryour

others can help too.

Unfortunately lots of people upgrading and no one else adding to spreadsheet or list here. must be the non-altruistic part overpowering the act to help.

• my FbPopupJoin seems to work

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

just an fyi

older "approved" add-ons in add-on section of plugins http://vanillaforums.org/addons may be more likely to bonk your system or cause issues than unapproved plugins in this momentarily topsy-turvy world. I am sure that this will be fixed in the future - but that is the case today.

that is why it is good to disable plugins via dashboard prior to upgrading to vanilla 2.1

• FileUploads not working with 2.1 - details here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/207000#Comment_207000

• Whosonline 1.3.1 installed, works only the User's profile setting page that BONKS! I hope this is not peculiar to me because I scraped codes together from @peregrine help when I needed to show avatars only.

• FileUploadDetect 0.2b installed on V2.1 but when uploading file, it takes eternity to load. I could wait anyway, so I gat to report here. Thanks.

• ThankfulPeople 2.14.2.0.18 installed but bonks discussion page.

• Same thing goes for ILikeThis 0.5, bonks discussion page.